I struggled a bit with the order of the figures for this Nativity CAL. Of course Jesus is the focal point, the reason for the whole scene to begin with, but His little piece was not new to the set, so I thought it might be a bit anticlimactic to finish with Him. In the end, I went with the Angel for the last piece, the bearer of the Glad Tidings to the world.
RUSTIC NATIVITY CAL – THE ANGEL
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
PLEASE read my Disclaimer before working my free patterns!
Want the whole set? Get the entire Nativity in an ad-free PDF 👇
Head: (ch 1 does NOT count)
Use Wheat Heather
1. Ch 1. Sc 8 in ring. Join(8 sts)
2. Ch 1. 2 sc in each st. Join. (16 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc in same st. *Sc 2, 2 sc in next st* work 5 times. Join. (21 sts)
4. – 6. Ch 1. Sc in each st. (21 sts)
7. Ch 1. Sc 3. *Sc2tog. Sc 2* work 4 times. Sc2tog. (16 sts)
8. Ch 1. Sc2tog 8 times. (8 sts)
9. Ch 1. Sc in each st. (8 sts)
Join Oyster Heather
1. Ch 1. 2 sc in each st. Join. (16 sts)
2. Ch 1. Sc in each st. Join. (16 sts)
3. Ch 1. *Sc 3. 2 sc in next st* work 4 times. Join. (20 sts)
4. – 7. Ch 1. Sc in each st. Join. (20 sts)
8. Ch 1. 2 sc in same st. Sc 9. 2 sc in next st. Sc 9. Join. (22 sts)
9. – 11. Ch 1. Sc in each st. Join. (22 sts)
12. Ch 1. 2 sc in same st. Sc 10. 2 sc in next st. Sc 10. Join. (24 sts)
13. ch 1. *Sc 7. 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. (27 sts)
14. – 15. Ch 1. Sc in each st. (27 sts)
16. Ch 1. *Sc in next 8 sts. 2 sc in next st* work all around. (30 sts)
17. – 18. Ch 1. Sc in each st (30 sts)
19. Ch 1. *Sc in next 14 sts. 2 sc in next st* work all around. (32 sts)
20. Ch 1. Sc in each st.
21. Ch 1. Sc in next 15 sts. 2 sc in next st* repeat all around (34 ts)
22. Hdc in each st around (34)
23. Working in the 3rd loop:
*Sc 3. Sc2tog* work 6 times. Sc 2. Sc2tog. (27 sts)
24. Ch 1. *Sc 2. Sc2tog.*work 6 times. Sc in next st. Sc2tog. Join. ( 20 sts)
Pause and stuff.
25. Ch 1. *Sc. Sc2tog.* work 6 times. Sc2tog. Join (13 sts)
Place small stones on top of the Polyfil.
26. Ch 2. Sc2tog 6 times. Sc in last st. Join. (7 sts)
Break yarn, leave a long tail. Sew up remaining hole with tail
With Oyster Heather, work a sc foundation of 20 sts. Join with first sc, forming a ring. Weave the bottom end in, securing the bottom of the join. Weave in opposite end.
Attach the halo with a dab of hot glue on the top back of the head.
Work a Magic Ring with Oyster Heather
1. Ch 2. Dc 12 into ring.
2. Ch 2. 2 dc in each st around. (24 sts)
3. Ch 2. 2 dc in each st around. (48 sts)
4. Ch 2. *Dc. 2 dc in next st.* repeat all around the circle. Dc in last st. (70 sts)
5. Ch 2. Dc in same st. *Ch 2, sk 1 st. Dc in next st* repeat all around the circle. (106 sts)
Fold the circle in half, so the seam is on the top. Sl st the folded 2 layers together.
I hope you enjoyed this pretty little project! it’s an elegant display, but also perfect for curious little hands; the best of both worlds!
If you missed any of this week’s patterns, you can find them here:
More Christmas projects coming your way :)
Be sure to join our Facebook Community!
Love this? Subscribe!
(and get a free gift!)