This pretty crochet angel is simple and rustic and is a must-have addition to your handmade crochet nativity. This post contains affiliate links which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Today we are working on adding an angel to our nativity. The pattern is similar to the standing figures, but has a bit wider bottom. I love the rustic white color of Oyster Heather for the angel. So pretty!
CROCHET ANGEL – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
Please remember: You are free to use this crochet angel pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
PLEASE read my Disclaimer before working my free patterns!
Want the whole set? Get the entire Nativity in an ad-free PDF 👇
Crochet Angel Head:
(ch 1 does NOT count)
Use Wheat Heather
1. Ch 1. Sc 8 in ring. Join(8 sts)
2. Ch 1. 2 sc in each st. Join. (16 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc in same st. *Sc 2, 2 sc in next st* work 5 times. Join. (21 sts)
4. – 6. Ch 1. Sc in each st. (21 sts)
7. Ch 1. Sc 3. *Sc2tog. Sc 2* work 4 times. Sc2tog. (16 sts)
8. Ch 1. Sc2tog 8 times. (8 sts)
9. Ch 1. Sc in each st. (8 sts)
Join Oyster Heather
1. Ch 1. 2 sc in each st. Join. (16 sts)
2. Ch 1. Sc in each st. Join. (16 sts)
3. Ch 1. *Sc 3. 2 sc in next st* work 4 times. Join. (20 sts)
4. – 7. Ch 1. Sc in each st. Join. (20 sts)
8. Ch 1. 2 sc in same st. Sc 9. 2 sc in next st. Sc 9. Join. (22 sts)
9. – 11. Ch 1. Sc in each st. Join. (22 sts)
12. Ch 1. 2 sc in same st. Sc 10. 2 sc in next st. Sc 10. Join. (24 sts)
13. ch 1. *Sc 7. 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. (27 sts)
14. – 15. Ch 1. Sc in each st. (27 sts)
16. Ch 1. *Sc in next 8 sts. 2 sc in next st* work all around. (30 sts)
17. – 18. Ch 1. Sc in each st (30 sts)
19. Ch 1. *Sc in next 14 sts. 2 sc in next st* work all around. (32 sts)
20. Ch 1. Sc in each st.
21. Ch 1. Sc in next 15 sts. 2 sc in next st* repeat all around (34 ts)
22. Hdc in each st around (34)
23. Working in the 3rd loop:
*Sc 3. Sc2tog* work 6 times. Sc 2. Sc2tog. (27 sts)
24. Ch 1. *Sc 2. Sc2tog.*work 6 times. Sc in next st. Sc2tog. Join. ( 20 sts)
Pause and stuff.
25. Ch 1. *Sc. Sc2tog.* work 6 times. Sc2tog. Join (13 sts)
Place small stones on top of the Polyfil.
26. Ch 2. Sc2tog 6 times. Sc in last st. Join. (7 sts)
Break yarn, leave a long tail. Sew up remaining hole with tail
With Oyster Heather, work a sc foundation of 20 sts. Join with first sc, forming a ring. Weave the bottom end in, securing the bottom of the join. Weave in opposite end.
Attach the halo with a dab of hot glue on the top back of the head.
Work a Magic Ring with Oyster Heather
1. Ch 2. Dc 12 into ring. Join
2. Ch 2. 2 dc in each st around. Join (24 sts)
3. Ch 2. 2 dc in each st around. Join (48 sts)
4. Ch 2. *Dc. 2 dc in next st.* repeat all around the circle. Dc in last st. Join (70 sts)
5. Ch 2. Dc in same st. *Ch 2, sk 1 st. Dc in next st* repeat all around the circle. Join (106 sts)
Fold the circle in half, so the seam is on the top. Sl st the folded 2 layers together.
Attach the halo by adding a dab of hot glue at the back of the head and attaching only one small spot of the halo. The wings can also be glued to the back of the body: run a long line of hot glue and press the wings in place.
Want a FREE ebook, crochet tips and monthly free Pattern Fridays? SUBSCRIBE!
(it’s totally FREE!)