[For info on the CAL, scroll down ⬇️ ]
This beautiful rustic crochet nativity set is a perfect addition to your holiday decor. It’s lovely and chic to display during the holiday season and perfect for little hands to play with as well. It’s also easy, and suitable for an advanced beginner. Make one of these gorgeous nativity sets for yourself and make one to gift away this year! In this post you will find links to the FREE crochet nativity pieces, as well as yarn alternatives.
This post contains affiliate links which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
This crochet nativity pattern has been a true labor of love. Over the past several years it has grown from a small family Holy Family of 3 to a whole set of 14 pieces! I have dearly loved creating new additions, but even more, I have loved seeing your creations that you have graciously shared with me via email or social media.
If you have ever reached out to me about this nativity, please know I have treasured your words.
This pattern is fairly simple, so even advanced beginners can make it. This lovely set makes an endearing gift that will be treasured for generations.
It’s rustic, yet modern, so it compliments all styles and trends, and it’s perfect for curious little hands. My children adore playing with the pieces every year, and it makes my heart sing to see them enjoy the set so much.
FREE sent includes Mary, Jospeh, Baby, and Manger. Keep scrolling to get these pattern FREE ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
Rustic Nativity Crochet-a-Long
Each year, due to popular demand, we do a nativity crochet-a-long and work on the nativity set together. This year is extra special because I have designed a new piece, a camel! The new camel will be released the week of the CAL (crochet along).
The Nativity CAL will begin Monday, Nov 13th, 2023.
You can choose how much you want to be involved! You can work quietly and know others are working along with you all over the world, or you can join in each day, sharing your progress and commenting on the progress of others. It’s up to you!
Commenting and sharing will largely happen on my Facebook page, in the Facebook group, and for those wanting an extra special experience, you can join the Endless Makers community. All updates and daily projects for the CAL will be sent via email as well, so please subscribe to my email list here if you haven’t yet, so you don’t miss anything. .
What you need:
– suggested hook: Size E -F (3.5mm – 3.75mm) hook (The hook exact hook size doesn’t matter, just make sure your gauge is very tight, you shouldn’t be able to see stuffing or spaces between your stitches.
– Fingering Weight Yarn: I suggest Palette Yarn by WeCrochet. It’s my absolute favorite and I love the finished look! It is a 100% wool and has a gorgeous, rustic flair. I just love it and I only use this yarn for my sets, however, I understand if you want other options.
Right now, WeCrochet is offering a yarn bundle for 20% off! Grab your yarn bundle here.
I decided to simplify the color list this year. Here are the colors if you are using Palette: 1 skein of each will get you 2 or more sets.
– Briar Heather (Joseph’s clothes)
– Hare Heather (Manger)
– Bittersweet Heather (wiseman body, face)
– Oyster Heather (Angel, Shepherd cloak, Mary’s Cloak)
– Wheat Heather (faces, Camel)
– Marble Heather (Joseph’s Cloak, Mary’s body, Standing shepherd)
– Verdant Heather (tree, kneeling wiseman)
– Almond (tree trunk, shepherd body)
– Gosling (Donkey)
– Pumice Heather (Donkey)
– Wonderland heather (optional, for Mary’s cloak if you want it blue)
These are my suggestions for alternative yarns, I have NOT used these personally but I think they might make a good substitute if for any reason the suggested yarn doesn’t work for you.
– Mix and match Bon-Bons
– WeCrochet Comfy Fingering
– Lion Brand Heartland (This is a larger gauge yarn but you can use the smallest hook you can, your pieces might be a big bigger)
– WeCrochet Lindy Chain
– Paintbox DK Cotton
– Sheepjes Catona
– Small Weights/washers/rocks:
I highly recommend putting small weights in the bottom of each figure to help them stand up better. Some crocheters have used washers with great success.
RUSTIC CROCHET NATIVITY SET – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
The full pattern includes 15 figures, but you can get the mini set (Mary, Joseph, Manger, Baby) for FREE in this blog post.
Palette Yarn Color List For Holy Family Mini Set (free patterns):
Hare Heather (Manger, bottom of Joseph
Oyster Heather – Mary Cloak, Baby Body
Briar Heather – Joseph Body
Wheat Heather – Faces
Marble Heather – Joseph Cloak, Mary Body
Can’t wait to work through this Crochet nativity set with you!
LEVEL-UP YOUR CROCHET -
5 Techniques you will use all the time
A few tips and tricks can go a long way in simplifying your craft.
Let me help!