These darling crochet baby boat shoes look just like boat shoes or Sperry’s! Mama will love the trendy style and how soft and comfy these crochet booties are for Baby. These are great to make for your new little one, your toddler, or for an adorable baby shower gift! The free version includes 3-6 months, or you can get additional sizing, newborn – toddler, in the PDF from my shops! This post uses affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission from your purchase (click here for more info). Thanks for supporting Whistle and Ivy!
Imagine the warm sun on your cheeks, the balmy cool breeze coming off sparkling water, the glug-glug sound of water hitting large rocks and docked boats nearby, and maybe the soft cry of a water fowl. Your cares cannot be recollected as in this moment you only feel warm, airy, and carefree.
This is all the feelings I encapsulated into a crochet baby shoe design.
A bit over the top?
But I designed it as a young mother, trying my best, feeling like a failure, and wanting that picture-perfect, carefree seaside lifestyle for my life.
These shoes were the closest I could get at the time, but completing them and putting the finished booties on my chubby baby’s feet brought feels that came pretty darn close to that picturesque description: warm, light and comf
(we lived in Vegas at the time, so “warm” is not the word I would use to describe the weather at the time…)
These cute crochet boat shoes are stylish, classic, comfy for baby, quick to make and so lovely to gift. They use very little yarn, so I am fairly certain you have everything you need to whip up a pair right now.
BABY BOAT SHOES – CROCHET PATTERN
I hope you enjoy this pattern! But please remember, the content contained herein is a copyrighted work, tediously designed by myself. Distribution of this pattern (or parts of it) in any way, digital or physical, or use of this pattern (or parts of it) to create your own patterns beyond personal use is strictly prohibited. You are welcome to sell what you make from this pattern, but please do not use any of my photos in your listings.
What you need: (affiliate links)
– 3.75mm Hook (or hook to achieve gauge)
– Medium Weight Yarn in your favorite Acrylic (Knit Picks Brava in 2 Colors)
– Darning Needle
Gauge: 9 sc = 2″ (Gauge Pattern)
Love this pattern but want MORE? How about more sizes!?
You will LOVE The Endless Bundle – my membership program full of patterns, videos, courses, community, and much more. See you on the inside!
[Update: For those who have made these before, I have made an update to the small straps, you no longer need to turn your work. Hoping this update will make the pattern much easier to work!]
3-6 Months (Approx. 4”)
1. Work 3 sc in 2ndch from hook, sc in next 4 chs, hdc in next ch, dc in next 3 chs, 7 dc in last ch. Working across the opposite side: Dc in next 3 chs, hdc in next ch, sc in next 4 chs. Join with a sl st. (26 sts)
2. Ch 1. 2 sc in next 3 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. 2 sc in next 5 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. Join. (34 sts)
3. Ch 1. *Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. Sc in next 9 sts. *Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st* work 5 times. Sc in next 9 sts. Join. (42 sts)
4. Work this round in BLO: Sc in each st around (42 sts). Join with sl st and join second color. 5. Ch 1. Hdc in next st. Dc in next 7 sts. Hdc in next st. Sc in next 33 sts. Join. (42 sts)
6. Ch 1. Hdc in next st. Dc2tog. Dc in next 3 sts. Dc2tog. Hdc in next st. Sc in next 7 sts. Ch 4. Sc in 1st ch. Sl st into next st on shoe. Sc in next st. Sc2tog 7 times. Sc in next 2 sts. Ch 4. Sc in 1st ch. Sl st in next st on shoe. Sc in next 7 sts. Join. (33 sts, not counting 4 chains and sc)
7. Ch 1. Hdc in next st. Dc2tog. Dc in next st. Dc2tog. Hdc in next st. Sc in next 7 sts. Work 5 sc in 3-ch loop from previous round. (Starting in next sc) Sc in next 10 sts. Work 5 sc in 3-ch loop from previous round. (Starting in next sc) Sc in next 7 sts. Join. (39 sts) Tie off.
1. Sc 2nd ch from hook. Hdc in next 2 sts. Sc in last st. (4 sts) Turn.
2. Ch 1. Work 2 sc in same st. Hdc in next 2 sts. Work 2 sc in last st. (6 sts) Turn.
3.- 6. Ch 1. Sc in each st across. Turn. (6 sts)
7. Ch 1 Sc in next st. Hdc in next 4 sts. Sc in next st.
Finish off. Leave a long tail.
Attach to shoe with yarn needle and the tail. Start about 2 sts above the strap on the shoe, and go in and out with your needle, all around the toe and over to the other side. Make sure to secure the end very well.
To finish, using white yarn (I prefer cotton) and a yarn needle, sew down through the hole in the left strap. Leave enough yarn on your end to tie a bow later.
Continue around the shoe, just under the top loops, and sew around the shoe. Finish by going up and out through the right loop. Trim yarn if needed.
LEVEL-UP YOUR CROCHET -
5 Techniques you will use all the time
A few tips and tricks can go a long way in simplifying your craft.
Let me help!