This post uses affiliate links. For more info, click HERE. Thanks for supporting Whistle and Ivy!
Well, I don’t know about you, but I have been cold! I haven’t needed snow boots for a few years, but I just ordered a pair, and I think they are definitely going to get some use up here. And since my husband likes to keep the house a bit cool, I really needed more slippers for my cold feet. I have designed a couple other pattern, but I wanted to make something new, and these Button Strap Slippers turned out very cute!
They turned out pretty cute and I think I will make another pair in a different color. I wrote the pattern for size 8, but sizing up should be pretty easy for you as I included instructions.
By using this free pattern, you are agreeing to NOT redistribute this pattern (whether electronically or by printing and handing out copies). Sharing is a form of theft! If you would like to share, please direct others to my page. Pageviews enable me to publish my patterns for free, so please help me to continue to do so.
You are free to sell items you make from this pattern! By using my pattern and selling your items, you are also agreeing that you will give credit by adding a link to the original blog post in each individual listing, or on your tags. And DO NOT use my photos to sell your items. Thank you!
Button Strap Slippers
Gauge: 7 sts = 2″
Sole: Make two sole pieces for each shoe, 4 total. (approx. 9 ¾” long) The sole is worked in the round.
1. 4 sc in 2nd ch. Sc 16. Hdc 2. Dc 5. Dc 7 in last ch. Working across opposite side of chain, dc 5, hdc 2, sc 16. Join with the first sc with a sl st. (57 sts)
2. Ch 1. 2 Sc in the next 4 sts. Sc 24. 2 sc in the next 5 sts. Sc 24. Join with a sl st. (66 sts)
3. Ch 1. Hdc. *Hdc. 2 hdc in next st* work 3 times. Hdc 25. *Hdc, 2 hdc in next st* work 5 times. Hdc 24. Join with sl st. (74 sts)
4. Ch 1. Sc. *Sc 2, sc 2 in next st* work 3 times. Sc 25. *Sc 2, sc 2 in next st* work 5 times. Sc 24. Join with a sl st. (82 sts)
5. Ch 1. Hdc. *Hdc 3, hdc 2 in the next st* work 3 times. Hdc 25. *Hdc 3, 2 hdc in the next st* work 5 times. Hdc 24. (88 sts)
Join with sl st and tie off.
Match up your two sole pieces and using a loose sl st, stitch the two soles together, going through both loops of each sole. Use the color you want the slipper body to be.
1. Start your round on 18th st from the middle of the toe. Face the toe downwards and count 18 to the right. Going through the sl st loops and working towards the toe: Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 50. Hdc 7. Dc 8. Hdc 7. Sc 15. (88 sts) Join with sl st.
2. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 50. Hdc 7. Dc 8. Hdc 7. Sc 15. (88 sts) Join with sl st.
3. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 4. Sc2tog twice. Sc 2. Sc2tog 7 times. Sc 2. Sc2tog twice. Sc 20. Hdc 7. Dc 8. Hdc 7. Sc 15. (77 sts)
Join with sl st.
4. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 4. Sc2tog twice. (Sc 2. Sc2tog) Twice. Sc 2 . Sc2tog twice. Sc 17. Hdc 7. Dc2tog. Dc 4. Dc2tog. Hdc 7. Sc 15. (69 sts) Join with sl st.
5. Ch 1. Sl st 30. Sc 2. Sc2tog three times. Hdc. Dc2tog 4. Hdc. Sc2tog three times. Sc 2. Sl st 13. (59 sts)
Secure end and tie off.
Toe Flap: (Make 2)
1. Ch 3. Sc 2 into 2nd ch from hook . Sc 2 in last st. Turn (4 sts)
2. Ch 1. Sc 2 in same st. Sc 2. Sc 2 in last st. turn. (6 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc 2 in same st. Sc 4. Sc 2 in last st. (8 sts)
4. – 12. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 7. (8 sts)
Sc all around your flap. Tie off but leave a long tail.
Strap (Make 2)
1. Sc into 5th ch from hook. Sc 13. Turn
2. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 12. Sc 5 in the 5-ch-loop. Sc 13. Turn.
Start new color with sl st.
3. Ch 2. Hdc in same st. Hdc 12. Hdc 2 in the 5 sts around the loop. Hdc 13. Leave your long tails.
Using your yarn needle, line up your toe flap and sew it in place. Make sure you secure the first st firmly by going in and out a few times. Work your way around until your entire flap is sewn in place. I like to stop after each st, or every other st to confirm everything is in place and even.
After your flap is sewn in in place, line up your strap. I like it right at the edge of the flap. Using your hook, reach through from the inside out, and grab the tails of your strap. You should have 4. Make sure you are pulling them each through a different space. Once all 4 tails are inside the shoe, tie 2 tails together (2 knots) securely and trim or weave in ends if you prefer.
***To make a different size, go up or down 2 ch on your foundation ch. Make sure to adjust accordingly on the sides. The toe and heel should NOT be changed, just the length. Be sure you make the entire soul for sizes 5, 6, 7 in single crochet stiches to make it narrower. Keep in mind, if you are changing the length of the ch by two, your entire round/row count will go up/down 4 sts.
I hope you enjoy these Button Strap Slippers! Share your creations with me, tag me on Instagram! (@whistleandivy)
Like this post? Subscribe!
Join our Facebook Community! We need YOU!
You may also like these FREE slipper patterns:
LEVEL-UP YOUR CROCHET -
5 Techniques you will use all the time
A few tips and tricks can go a long way in simplifying your craft.
Let me help!