These darling crochet mouse ears are perfect for your next trip to Disneyland! These one-of-a-kind ears will be cherished by those who wear them and you can guarantee that no one else around you will have them. Customize them with different colors or omit the bow for a different look. This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
With the kids getting a bit older, we decided it was finally time to take the kids to Disneyland. I haven’t been in about 15 years, so it was very fun to revisit this magical place with the whole family.
It was funny, the kids did not enjoy seeing the characters as much as I thought they would. They were both too shy or something, I am not really sure. AND I’m pretty sure I scarred Sis for life by taking her on the Guardians of the Galaxy ride (I am a loving, responsible parent, I swear).
We decided to cram in Legoland and visiting the beaches while we were there, so we only had two days to do both parks. I think next time we will spread it out a bit more.
I knew I wanted to make some crochet mouse ears for Sis and me to wear, but I was worried about how well the ears would stay up. I came up with a simple one-piece double-layer pattern and I love how it turned out. Sis originally chose the ice blue color, representing Elsa, but when we got there, she commandeered by classic black and pink ones.
CROCHET MOUSE EARS – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
Please remember: You are free to use this crochet mouse ears pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
PLEASE read my Disclaimer before working my free patterns!
What you need: (affiliate links)
– J Hook
– Medium Weight Yarn (#4) Red Heart Baby Hugs in Ink and Peachie
– Darning Needle
Gauge: 13 dc = 4″ (Gauge Pattern)
WANT TO TAKE YOUR CROCHET ENDLESS?
You will LOVE The Endless Bundle – it’s literally ENDLESS! My membership program includes the entire Whistle and Ivy pattern library (to download and keep!) videos, full tutorials, courses, community, and much more.
⭐️ The PDF pattern is not available for sale in my shops but it IS available in my ENDLESS BUNDLE All-Access Pass!
Note: Beginning chain of each row does not count as a stitch. Always work the first st in the same st as the chain.
Ears: (Make two)
1. Work 3 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Hdc in next st. Sc in next 5 sts. Hdc in next ch. Work 6 dc in last ch. Working across the other side of the chain: hdc in next ch. Sc in next 5 chs. Hdc in next ch. Work 3 dc in last ch (same chain as the first 3 dc for a total of 6 in that chain). (26 its)
Join with first st.
2. Ch 2. Work 2 dc in next 3 sts. Hdc in next st. Sc in next 5 sts. Hdc in next st. Work 2 dc in next 6 sts. Hdc in next st. Sc in next 5 sts. Hdc in next st. Work 2 dc in next 3 sts. Join. (38 sts)
3. Ch 2. *Dc in next st. Work 2 dc in next st* work 3 times. Hdc in next st. Sc in next 5 sts. Hdc in next st. *Dc in next st. Work 2 dc in next st* work 6 times. Hdc in next st. Sc in next 5 sts. Hdc in next st. *Dc in next st. Work 2 dc in next st* work 3 times. Join. (50 sts)
4. Ch 2. *Dc in next 2 sts. Work 2 dc in next st* work 3 times. Hdc in next st. Sc in next st. Sc3tog. Sc in next st Hdc in next st. *Dc in next 2 sts. Work 2 dc in next st* work 6 times. Hdc in next st. Sc in next st. Sc3tog. Sc in next st. Hdc in next st. *Dc in next 2 sts. Work 2 dc in next st* work 3 times. Join. (58 sts)
5. Ch 1. *Sc in next 3 sts. Work 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. Sc in next 5 sts. *Sc in next 3 st. Work 2 sc in next st* work 6 times. Sc in next 5 sts. *Sc in next 3 sts. Work 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. Join. (70 sts)
Tie off, weave in ends.
Fold the ear piece in half. Make sure the stitches are lined up. Start at the bottom side, next to the fold and sl st across the rounded edge, sewing it into the ear shape.
Bow: use “Peachie”
Sl st into first ch (be careful not to twist it) forming a loop.
1. Ch 2. Work a dc in each chain. Join with first dc. (35 sts)
2. – 6. Ch 2. Work a dc in each st around. Join with first dc (35 sts)
To form the piece into a bow, pinch the inside and using a yard or so of yarn, wrap it around the middle, securing the look. Tie a small, firm knot in the back of the bow.
CROCHET MOUSE EARS CONSTRUCTION:
Using a hot glue gun, glue the ears onto your headband first. Make sure they are positioned at the top middle. Leave about 1″ between them. For best results, apply the glue to the crochet ear and then attached it to the headband (versus putting the glue on the headband first). For even better results, mark the headband with a fabric pencil or chalk exactly where the ears will go so you don’t accidentally glue them crooked or lopsided.
Once the ears are set, glue the bow between the ears. Place a small line of glue in the 1″ space between the ears, and press the yarn-wrapped middle of the bow in place. For an extra secure hold, place a dab of glue on the ears, just to the sides of the yarn-wrapped middle of the bow. (Don’t glue the edges of the bow and it looks nicer when they are not pressed flat).
I think Sis loved her crochet mouse ears, do you think? :D
I really loved Disneyland but I really love the beach, don’t you? I found not one but TWO sand dollars during our beach visit, how lucky! I am already excited to go back (this time, maybe when it’s a touch warmer 🤞).