This crochet plaid twist headband is a classic staple for your fall wardrobe! FREE pattern includes the Adult Regular size, and the PDF download includes SEVEN sizes from newborn to Adult Large. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
I don’t know about you, but this fall has seemed to blow by me without pausing to say hello.
As I edited the photos of Cubbie, it’s hard to believe my mild natured, giggly baby is now a big girl with a big heart and big sense of humor to match.
Just look at that mug.
I wanted to badly to have a new pattern each day of Plaid Week this year, but was unable to get all the things done that I wanted.
I guess this just means that all the ideas that didn’t make it to fruition this year will make Plaid Week 2023 even better.
The adult regular size is available FREE on the blog, happy crocheting! (Scroll down)
Want to join my email list? Join here:
READY TO TRY CROCHET PLAID?
Get our FREE Learn Crochet Plaid Mini Course!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
ENDLESS BUNDLE MEMBERS: The pattern is already there for you to download anytime you are ready to start crocheting, wahoo!
CROCHET PLAID TWIST HEADBAND
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 5.5mm Hook
– Medium Weight Yarn in Red, Black andWine or White, Black and Gray
– Darning Needle
GAUGE: 11 sc sts = approx. 3″
Ch does not count. Always work first st in the same st as the chain.
You will not be turning, you will tie off and begin again at the beginning.
Do not carry your yarn, drag it behind as you work.
Your foundation will be slightly shorter than the finished piece, make sure you measure after working a second row to make sure the gauge is correct.
WANT MORE SIZES? JOIN THE ENDLESS BUNDLE!
What is the ENDLESS BUNDLE? It’s the ever-growing pattern bundle membership where you will find modern crochet patterns, video tutorials, stitch tutorials, courses and crochet graphics for your DIY crochet swag! I add new content every month! Get access to my entire CROCHET library
⭐️ LEARN MORE⭐️
This crochet plaid twist headband crochet pattern, which includes SEVEN sizes from newborn to adult large, can also be purchased individually in my shops ⬇️
Where would you like to shop today?
ADULT REGULAR: approx. 21″
Begin with Black.
1. Work a ch-less sc foundation of 76 sts. Turn.
2. – 3. With Black, Ch 2. Dc in next 4 st. *Switch to Wine. Dc in next 4 sts. Switch to Black. Dc in next 4 sts.* work 9 times. Cut yarn, tie off. (76 sts)
4. – 5. Join Wine yarn in first st. Ch 2. Dc in next 4 sts. *Switch to Red. Dc in next 4 sts. Switch to Wine. Dc in next 4 sts* work 9 times. Cut yarn, tie off. (76 sts)
6. – 7. With Black, Ch 2. Dc in next 4 st. *Switch to Wine. Dc in next 4 sts. Switch to Black. Dc in next 4 sts.* work 9 times. Cut yarn, tie off. (76 sts)
8. – 9. Join Wine yarn in first st. Ch 2. Dc in next 4 sts. *Switch to Red. Dc in next 4 sts. Switch to Wine. Dc in next 4 sts* work 9 times. Cut yarn, tie off. (76 sts)
10. Join Black. Ch 1. Sc in each st across. (76 sts)
Lay your piece right side up. Thread a darning needle with a length of yarn and set aside.
Hold both ends of your piece upward.
Pinch both ends in half with the fold on the outside.
Place the top of right fold inside the left fold.
Flatten. Use needle to sew through all four layers (take care that you catch all layers!). Use an overcast stitch.
Made it? Share it!
Tag me on INSTAGRAM, or share in our group. I would love to see!
Hi I was wondering how to I get the free pattern for the adult size plaid twist headband?
The pattern is written out for free in the post, I do not offer a download of the free pattern. I hope this helps!
I love this! I’ll probably be making some of these for Christmas!
Yay! So glad you like it!