This cute crochet chevron hat is made up of single crochet stitches and alternates between two colors to make up the graph creating a stunning chevron effect. The pattern includes a link to a helpful video that shows how to easily change colors and read the graph. This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you make a purchase. Thanks for your support!Click for more
This darling crochet mandrake baby hat makes an easy and cute Halloween costume! The crochet pattern includes instructions for the mandrake hat as well as a printable for the Mandrake label that you can iron onto a plaid onesie. Remember, ear protection required!
This post contains affiliate links. For more info, click here.
This crochet heart stitch hat is much easier to work than it looks and you will love the cute little hearts the design creates. Use different colors to make your crochet hat pop! This post uses affiliate links (click here for more info). I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Whistle and Ivy!
We don’t have a large celebration of Valentine’s Day in our house. The Boy isn’t in school yet, so there’s no need to spend weeks planning Pinterest-perfect Valentines for his classmates, but I do think the sentiment is nice, and there’s nothing wrong with reflecting and thinking about ways we can better show our love to our family and friends. So in that way, I am not a total Valentine’s Day Grinch. But even if you are, this Crochet Heart Stitch Hat (Puppy Love Slouchy) is a super cute and comfy slouchy that can be worn all winter long.
CROCHET HEART STITCH HAT (PUPPY LOVE SLOUCHY) – CROCHET PATTERN
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. Please DO NOT use my photos in your listings.
What you need:
- 5 Colors of Medium Weight Yarn (Red hat: Knit Picks Brava in Dove Heather, Red, Rouge, Cotton Candy, Blush) (Blue Hat: Knit Picks Brava in Dove Heather, Marina, Cornflower, Mint, White)
- 5.5mm Hook
- Yarn Needle
Abbreviations: (American Terms)
Ch – Chain
Sc – Single Crochet
Hdc – Half Double Crochet
Dc – Double Crochet
Sk – Skip
St – Stitch
Sl st – Slip Stitch
BLO – Back Loops Only
Gauge: 14 dc = 4″
3-dc cluster: Yarn over, insert hook. Yarn over, pull through st (3 loops on hook). Yarn over, pull through first 2 loops (2 loops remaining on hook). Yarn over, insert in same st. Yarn over, pull through. Yarn over, pull through first 2 loops (3 loops remaining on hook). Yarn over, insert into same st. Yarn over, pull through. Yarn over and pull through first 2 loops. Yarn over, pull through all 4 remaining loops. If it’s easier to understand, it’s a basically a dc3tog worked all in the same st.
Watch a video tutorial here:
The written pattern below is for size WOMEN/TEEN. You can find a PDF that includes 4 sizes, Adult-Baby in my shops. The PDF is formatted for easy crocheting on-the-go or for easy printing, it doesn’t include ads or comments.
Where would you like to shop today?
Love this pattern but want MORE?
You will LOVE The Endless Bundle – it’s literally ENDLESS! My membership program includes the entire Whistle and Ivy pattern library (to download and keep!) videos, full tutorials, courses, community, and much more. See you on the inside!
ADULT/TEEN SIZE HEART STITCH HAT:
HAT RIBBED BAND:
1. Hdc in 2nd ch from hook. Hdc in each ch. Turn. (7 sts)
2. Ch 2. Hdc in same st. Hdc in next 6 its in BLO. Hdc in last st, going through both loops. Turn. (7 sts).
Don’t tie off after last row.
Repeat row two until your band reaches about 18″ – 19″ for adult. You will get this measurement by gently stretching your band and measuring the length, not the pre-stretch length. You want the hat to be snug and due to differences in yarn stretchiness, I am not providing a row count. Instead, use your measuring tape. Don’t break yarn.
CROCHET HEART STITCH HAT BODY:
1. Fold the band in half, and using the loop from the last hdc, pull it through and sl st down the side, forming a band. Don’t tie off.
Turn the band, so the seam is on the inside and your loop is at the top.
Beginning where you left off sewing the band: Ch 1. Sc in same sp. From here, you will sc around the band until you have 72 total stitches. Join with a sl st with the first st, using 2nd color.
2. Ch 1. Dc 4 in same st. Ch 1. Sk 5 sts. *Dc 4 in next st. Ch 1. Sk 5 sts* work 11 times. Join with a sl st with the first st using Dove Heather. (60 sts)
3. Ch 2. Sc in middle of shell (not in a st, in the space between the stitches). Ch 2. Work a 3-dc cluster in the 3rd st of the 5 skipped sts from the previous round. *Ch 2. Sc in middle sp of shell. Ch 2. Work a 3-dc cluster in 3rd sk st from previous round* repeat all around the hat. Join with a sl st with first chain. (72 sts)
4. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc in each st around. Join with sl st. (72 sts)
Join 3rd color. (You can work in BLO this row for ease-of-use).
5. – 13. Repeat rows 2 – 4 respectively, changing colors when you make the hearts row.
14. Ch 2. Dc in same st. *Dc2tog, dc in next st* work 23 times. Work a dc2tog with last 2 sts. (48 sts)
15. Ch 2. Dc in each st around. (48 sts)
16. Ch 2. Dc2tog all around. (24 sts) Tie off.
To close the hat, turn it inside out. Put a length of yarn on your needle and sew in and out each stitch across the top. Pull it tight, cinching the top closed. Tie a very sturdy knot and clip end.
Finish with a pom pom on top (get the tutorial here).
Do you love Valentine’s Day, or are you a V-day grinch? ;)
This cute and comfy crochet plaid hat has a bit of snark, as it reads “Not Knit”. This not knit crochet hat is dedicated to anyone who has ever been working on a crochet project and been asked, “what are you knitting?” This post contains affiliate links, thank you for your support!
This faux crochet cables hat is a fun, easy crochet project! You won’t believe how easy the “faux crochet cables” are to make, and this hat is very easy to adjust the sizing. The hat is perfect for both men and women and I encourage you to try using the same tweed yarn, it looks stunning with the faux cables. This post contains affiliate links, thank you for your support!