Thanks to Red Heart for providing the yarn for this post!
You guys. I have some pretty exciting news. I’ve been keeping it quiet while I get things ready, but am now able to share with you: I have been invited by Red Heart Yarns to attend the Women’s Choice Awards! I cannot even explain how flattered I am to have the opportunity to be surrounded by so many amazing, fierce women who have done so much in the advancement of their fields and in creating a better world for us all. It’s also beyond exciting to be noticed by America’s favorite yarn brand! This event honors extraordinary women who are making great and wonderful changes in the world, and it also supports the non-profit group I Am That Girl, whose mission is to empower girls to find their self-worth and gain confidence in themselves and in their potential. Red Heart has been voted America’s Most Recommended Yarn Brand, and I am beyond thrilled to be able to celebrate with them at this fun event.
Since this awards ceremony is probably the most fancy thing I have ever been to, I had to buy new shoes, a new dress, and of course, I need a new clutch! I thought it would be fun to design a few and put them to you to vote. This is the first design I came up with. I really love working with this chunky yarn. This yarn is squishy and heavenly Soft Essentials, and it was the perfect yarn for this cute little clutch. You will note that it’s chunky yarn but I used an H hook. It needs to be a tight fabric to work as a clutch, so be sure to meet the indicated gauge!
Color Pop Clutch
Gauge: 19 sc = 6″ long
Abbreviations: (American Terms)
Special Stitch: Sc3tog
Insert hook, YO, pull through. Insert hook into next st, YO, pull through (3 loops on hook). Insert hook into next st, YO, pull through (4 loops on hook). YO, pull through all 4 loops.
1. Staring in the 2nd ch from hook, work a sc2tog. *Ch 1. Starting in the last worked chain, sc3tog.* work 14 times (you should have 1 ch uworked). Ch 1. Sc2tog starting in the last worked ch and in the last ch. Turn. (30 sos)
2. – 28. Ch 1. Sc2tog using same st and next st. *Ch 1. Sc3tog, starting in the last worked st.* work 14 times. Sc2tog starting in the last worked st and in the last st. Turn. (30 sts)
29. Ch 2. Dc in each st across. (30 sts)
30. Ch 2. Dc2tog. Dc 26. Dc2tog. turn (28 sts)
31. ch 2. Dc2tog. Dc 24. Dc2tog. (26 sts)
32. Ch 2. Dc2tog. Dc 22. Dc2tog. (24 sts)
33. Ch 2. Dc2tog. Dc 20. Dc2tog. (22 sts)
1. Sc in 2nd ch from hook. Sc in each remaining chain. Turn.(28 sts)
2. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc in each remaining stitch. Turn. (28 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc in each remains stitch. Turn. (28 sts)
Tie off, weave in ends.
Fold the bottom of the clutch up, until it touches the bottom of the first row of dc stitches. Lay the strap on the clutch so to meets the 4th row down. Starting in the bottom right corner, sc up the side of the clutch, sewing it together, and attaching the hand strap. 2 sc in the top corner of the flap. Sc 7. Ch 3. Sk 2 sts. Sc 7. 2 in the opposite corner. Sc down the other side of the clutch, making sure to sew the hand strap in place and that it’s lined up. Tie off.
Finish by sewing a button in place, opposite the button hole.
What do you think? Clutch #2 is coming up tomorrow, stay tuned!
Be sure to share your beautiful version in the group>>>
Join our Facebook Community! We need YOU!
Like this Color Pop Clutch? Subscribe!
(and get a free gift!)
You may also like these FREE patterns: