These beautiful and comfortable crochet heart stitch arm warmers feature a pretty heart stitch, which is easier to make than it looks! Switch up the colors to make it ombre or even rainbow. You will love your new arm warmers and you will love this free crochet pattern.
I definitely meant to write the pattern for these crochet heart stitch arm warmers (Puppy Love Arm Warmers) last year. The matching hat turned out so cute that I knew I needed to make a whole set. Better late than never, right? I also made a matching infinity scarf!
The pattern for these is only slightly different than the hat. While we are on the subject of the Puppy Love Slouchy, I made a few updates that improves readability and makes it a bit less confusing. I am constantly guilty of tunnel vision. I have gone back to an older pattern and a better, easier way will be glaringly obvious, which I completely missed the first time. Be sure to check it out!
CROCHET HEART STITCH ARM WARMERS – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
Please remember: You are free to use this heart stitch arm warmers pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
What you need: (affiliate links)
– 4.5 mm hook (Use whatever hook that makes the foundation long enough to fit comfortable around the widest part of your forearm)
– Medium Weight Yarn (Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Dove Heather, Red, Rouge, Cotton Candy, Blush and White.) (again you can switch this up and use thicker or thinner yarn if you need your foundation a bit longer or a bit smaller)
– Darning Needle
LOVE THIS FREE PATTERN BUT WANT MORE?
You will LOVE The Endless Bundle – it’s literally ENDLESS! My membership program includes the entire Whistle and Ivy ad-free pattern library (to download and keep!) videos, full tutorials, courses (including my Learn Crochet Plaid course!), community, and much more. See you on the inside!
⭐️ LEARN MORE ⭐️
The ad-free PDF for these Heart Stitch Arm Warmers is also available in my shops!
Where would you like to shop today?
3-dc cluster: Yarn over, insert hook. Yarn over, pull through st (3 loops on hook). Yarn over, pull through first 2 loops (2 loops remaining on hook). Yarn over, insert in same st. Yarn over, pull through. Yarn over, pull through first 2 loops (3 loops remaining on hook). Yarn over, insert into same st. Yarn over, pull through. Yarn over and pull through first 2 loops. Yarn over, pull through all 4 remaining loops. If it’s easier to understand, it’s a basically a dc3tog worked all in the same st.
Heart Stitch Arm Warmers:
1. Begin with an 8″ tail. work a 30 sc chainless foundation. (Video) (30 sts)
Fold your foundation into a loop and join with a sl st with the first sc. (the bottom will not be connected, but you will sew that together later). Don’t adjust this number, but DO adjust your hook or yarn so the length fits comfortably around your forearm.
2. – 4. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc in each st around (30 sts)
Join 2nd color.
5. Ch 1. 4 dc in same st.* Ch 2. Sk 5 sts. 4 dc in next st* work. 4 times. Ch 2. Sk 5 sts, join with beginning dc. (30 sts)
Join 1st color.
6. *Ch 2. Sc in the sp of the shell. Ch 2. Work a 3 dc cluster in the 3rd skipped st from previous round.* repeat all around the arm warmers. Join with the 1st chain. (30 sts)
7. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc in each st around. Join with first st. (30 sts).
8. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc in each st around. Join with first st. (30 sts)
9. – 23. Repeat the rows 5 – 8 respectively, skipping the very last row of sc on the last set.
24. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Ch 6. Sk 6 sts. Dc in each remaining st. Join with sl st. (30 sts).
25. – 26. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc in each st around. Join with sl st. (30 sts)
27. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc in each st around. Join with sl st. (30 sts)
Weave in ends. Use the long tail from the beginning to sew the small gap on the foundation together.
To finish you can make two simple bows and tack them onto the backs of the heart stitch arm warmers . Be sure to only tack down the sides so they stretch while wearing them.
Enjoy your new heart stitch arm warmers! Want more?
You may also like these other FREE patterns:
LEVEL-UP YOUR CROCHET -
5 Techniques you will use all the time
A few tips and tricks can go a long way in simplifying your craft.
Let me help!