Although we haven’t hit Thanksgiving yet, those of us who create in blogland like to get going a little early. After all, ideas of how to decorate for Christmas don’t really help unless you have plenty of time to make them happen (at least at my house). Forgive me if this is a bit early (I have had a few blogger friends get heckled for their Holiday posts), but I am excited to share this pretty half doily Christmas garland pattern with you, along with a few more fun things!
These little half-circle are so fun to make. I am cooking up other ways to use them, and I love how adorable they look as a garland. And if you want more adorable and festive garlands, I have teamed up with some talented bloggers to bring you Christmas garlands ALL WEEK. Check back for the updated links!
Wednesday November 11 – Persia Lou
Thursday November 12 – Sugar Bee Crafts
Friday November 13 – 733 Blog
Crochet Holiday Garland
What you need:
- G Hook
- Red Heart Soft in White, Teal, Really Red and Sea Foam
- Yarn Needle
Start with White. Work a magic ring (make 10 – or however many you need)
1. Hdc 4 in the ring. Pull the ring tight, but DO NO close the ring, leave it as a half circle. Turn.
2. Ch 1. Hdc 2 in same st. Hdc 2 in each remaining st. Turn .(8 sts)
3. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 2 in next st. *Hdc, hdc 2 in next st* work 3 times. Turn. (12 sts)
4. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc in next st. Hdc 2 in next st. *hdc 2, hdc 2 in next st* work 3 times. Turn. (16 sts)
5. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 2. Hdc 2 in next st. *Hdc 3, hdc 2 in next st.* work 3 times. Turn. (20 sts)
Join second color on the right, with right sides facing you.
6. Ch 2. Dc 2 in same st. *sk 1 st, sl st into next st. Sk 1 st, dc 5 in next st* work 4 times. Sk 1 st. Sl st into next st. Dc 2 in last st.
Tie off, and weave in ends.
Line your pretty half-circles in a line, creating pattern that you love. Then, take a long piece of Really Red yarn, thread your yarn needle with it. Stitch your circle together. Try to keep your stitches as even as possible, and your half-circles as evenly-spaced as possible–it’s hard to adjust them later.
String your garland up and enjoy the pretty!
Plus there’s more.
- A crochet master set from Boye Yarn Crafts – a pretty zipper case full of a huge assortment of hooks
- A SOAK set – products perfect for washing and care of your delicate crochet and fine fabric items
- A Red Heart Yarns Assortment (8 skeins) – enough to make any crochet garland in the blog hop!
Enter your info in the widget below (or click the link if you are on mobile) and enter for a chance to win!
Good luck :)