Make this cute and easy crochet baby hat, perfect for a baby shower gift, or for your own little one. Adorn with a flower or bow for a perfect finishing touch.
This post may contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Hello everyone! Today I am sharing another crochet pattern, this Faux Ribbon Baby Hat. It’s so easy, definitely a beginner project (my very first crochet project was a hat!). I love making this little crochet hat for baby showers and other baby gifts, because it works up quick, it’s so cute, and it complete a set if you decide to make these mary jane booties as well.
I don’t have a gauge swatch, but if you make sure your circle by step 4 has a 3” diameter, you know your sizing will be on track. I have added a note in the pattern as well.
Crochet Bow Baby Hat -Crochet Pattern
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
What you need:
-Medium Weight in 2 colors (Knit Picks Mighty Stitch in Conch and Silver)
-Size G hook
LOVE THIS FREE PATTERN BUT WANT MORE?
You will LOVE The Endless Bundle – it’s literally ENDLESS! My membership program includes the entire Whistle and Ivy ad-free pattern library (to download and keep!) videos, full tutorials, courses (including my Learn Crochet Plaid course!), community, and much more. See you on the inside!
⭐️ LEARN MORE ⭐️
The ad-free PDF for this Crochet Baby Bow Hat is also available in my shops! The PDF includes 3 sizes: 0-3 months, 3-6 months, and 6-12 months
Where would you like to shop today?
Start with Magic Ring or 3-ch loop.
1. Ch 1. Work 8 hdc in ring. Join with sl st. (8 sts)
2. Ch 1. Work 2 hdc in each st around. Join with sl st. (16 sts)
3. Ch 1. *Hdc in next st. Work 2 hdc in next st.* work 8 times. Join with a sl st. (24 sts)
4. Ch 1. Hdc in next 2 sts. Work 2 hdc in next st* work 8 times. Join with sl st. (32 sts) (3 “ diameter)
5. Ch 1. *Hdc in next 3 sts. Work 2 hdc in next st* work 8 times. Join with sl st. (40 sts)
6. Ch 1. *Hdc in next 4 sts. Work 2 hdc in next st* work 8 times. Join with sl st. (48 sts)
7. Ch 1. *Hdc in next 11. Work 2 hdc in next st.* Work 4 times. Join with sl st. (52 sts)
8. – 12. Ch 1. Hdc in each st around. Join with sl st. (52 sts)
13. Ch 3. Tc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st. (52 sts)
14. Ch 1. Sc in each st around. Join with a sl st. (52 sts)
Ribbon: Ch 58.
Dc into 3rd ch from hook. Dc 55. (56 sts) Attach a bow or flower to finish.
LEVEL-UP YOUR CROCHET -
5 Techniques you will use all the time
A few tips and tricks can go a long way in simplifying your craft.
Let me help!