These darling crochet baby gladiator sandals are perfect for summer for your little non-walker! They go perfectly with darling shorts or a sweet summer dress. Make them for a thoughtful baby shower gift or for your own bundle of joy. This post uses affiliate links. For more information, click HERE.
Make sure to seal those buttons! Sew them on very well and put a dab of nail polish or super glue over the threads.
CROCHET BABY GLADIATOR SANDALS – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
What you need:
Abbreviations: (American Terms)
Ch – Chain
Dc – Double Crochet
Hdc – Half Double Crochet
Sc decrease – Sc2tog
Sl st – Slip Stitch
⭐️ Want to download ALL THE THINGS? Join the Whistle and Ivy ENDLESS BUNDLE! Includes the entire partner library for you to download and keep, PLUS courses, videos and printable! Learn more here.
You might like these:
Tip: If you like the strap to wrap around the ankle twice, you can work 40 chs instead of 20.
3-6 Months (approx. 4”)
Make 2 soles for each sandal, 4 total.
1. Work 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 4 ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next 3 ch, work 7 dc in last ch. Work across other side of chain: dc in next 3 ch, hdc in next ch, sc in next 4 ch. (26 sts) Place marker and move up each round.
2. Beginning in the first sc: work 2 sc in the next 3 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. Work 2 sc in each of the next 5 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. (34 sts)
3. *Sc in next st, work 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. Sc in next 9 sts. *Sc in next st, work 2 sc in next st* work 5 times. Sc in next 9 sts. Sl st and tie off. (42 sts)
Sandwich your two soles together, and using a sl st, stitch all around the two soles, going through both stiches, both layers. Sl st on each st around (42 sts).
Working through the sl sts, find the stitch in the middle of the heel. Count 4 to the right, and start your first st with a Ch.
Sc in same st. Sc in next 9 sts.*Ch 16. Sl st into 4th ch from hook. Sl st 12 down the ch. Sc into next sl st on the shoe*. Sc 2.
Repeat from * to *. Sc in next 22 sts.
Repeat * from *. Sc in next 2 sts.
Repeat * from *. Sc in next 2 sts. Join with sl st. Don’t tie off.
Start right where you joined with sl st.
1. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc in next 7 sts. Turn. (8 sts)
2. Ch 1. Sc2tog. Sc in next 4 sts. Sc2tog. Turn. (6 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc2tog. Sc in next 2 sts. Sc2tog. (4 sts)
4. Ch 20. Sl st into second chain from hook. Sl st 18. Sc 4 across the top of the heel. Ch 20. Sl st into second ch from hook. Sl st down your ch. Sl st into first st on heel. Finish off.
To finish, sew four buttons directly across each strap, using a needle and thread. Be sure to sew them very carefully, and seal the threads with super glue or clear nail polish. Push the button through the 4 chain loop at the end of each strap. The ankle strap ties around your baby’s ankle.
You know these will be perfect for the baby shower you have coming up :)