Ugh. Being sick in the spring is no fun. I was finally starting to feel better on Monday and then I woke up Tuesday with a raw throat and scratchy voice. Round two. Growing up, my mom was never sick. I don’t remember once single time. I remember thinking as a kid that moms innately never get sick, like an awesome super power. Wouldn’t that be nice?! I was determined to get these Crochet Baby Loafers published anyway, and I am hoping my plugged-nose voice in the video tutorial isn’t too annoying. These cute little shoes are the baby version of my Women’s Loafer Slippers, so be sure to make yourself a pair too!
CROCHET BABY LOAFERS
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
(The free version of this pattern includes the 3-6 month size. For additional sizes, please consider purchasing my ad-free PDF)
3 – 6 Months (approx. 4”)
1. Work 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 4 chs, hdc in next ch, dc in next 3 chs, dc 7 in last ch.Working across the opposite side: Dc in next 3 chs, hdc in next ch, sc in next 4 chs. (27 sts) Join with a sl st with the first sc of the round.
2. Ch 1. 2 sc in next 4 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. 2 sc in next 5 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. Join. ( 36 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc. *Sc. 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. Sc in next 10 sts. *Sc. Sc 2 in next st* work 5 times. Sc in next 9 sts. (44 sts)
Join with a sl st using 2nd color.
4. Working this round in the 3rd loop (the loop behind both loops on top).
Ch 1. Hdc. Dc 8. Hdc. Sc 34. (44 sts)
5. Ch 1. Hdc. Dc 8. Hdc. Sc 34. Join with sl st (44 st)
6. Ch 1. Hdc 10. Sc 34. Join with a sl st. (44 sets)
7. Ch 1. Hdc. Dc2tog. Dc 4. Dc2tog. Hdc. Sc 12. *Sc2tog. Sc 2.* work twice. Sc2tog. Sc 12. (39 sts)
Tie off. Weave in ends.
Tongue: (make 2)
Begin with a magic ring.
1. Ch 1. Sc 10 into the ring. Join with sl st. (10 sts)
2. Ch 2. 2 dc in each st around. Join. (20 sts)
3. Ch 2. Dc 2. Hdc. Sc. Hdc. Dc 2. Turn. (you will be turning from now on). (7 sts)
4. Ch 2. Dc in each st across. (7 sts) Turn.
5. Ch 1. Sc in each st across. Leave a long tail
Weave in all the tails before sewing the tongue. Line up the tongue on the top of the toe of the shoe (larger end). Using the tail, sew a simple running stitch around, going through both layers. To help keep the tongue straight, pin it in place.
Weave in the end very well.
Join our Facebook Community! We need YOU!
Want a FREE ebook, crochet tips and monthly Free Pattern Fridays? Subscribe!
(it’s totally FREE!)