I have been doing a bit of “winter cleaning” this week. That’s a thing right? Many boxes and bags have gone to our local thrift store and it feels oh-so-good. I am also doing a bit of cleaning up on Whistle and Ivy as well. I am rewriting and reshooting older posts (there are quite a few patterns buried deep in my archives that need a lot of work!), and publishing some long-forgotten guest posts. Some of you may remember this Crochet Puppy Love Infinity Scarf from last year, I originally shared it over at Crafts by Amanda as a guest post last year, and today I am putting it on Whistle and Ivy!
I thought it turned out darling, and the principle is very similar to the Puppy Love Slouchy Hat. If you are having trouble with the Puppy Love Stitch, I have included a video (scroll down a bit to see it). Be sure to watch it and get the Puppy Love Stitch down so you can compete your scarf.
CROCHET PUPPY LOVE INFINITY SCARF
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
PLEASE read my Disclaimer before working my free patterns!
What you need: (affiliate links)
– I Hook
– 2 Balls of Knit Picks Brava in Dove Heather (Medium Weight Yarn)
— A few scraps of different colors of yarn, several yards long (Brava in Red, Rouge, Cotton Candy and Blush)
– Pom-Pom (you can make a yarn or fur one)
– Darning Needle
ABBREVIATIONS: AMERICAN TERMS
Approx. finished measurements: 6″ x 50″
3-dc cluster: Yarn over, insert hook. Yarn over, pull through st (3 loops on hook). Yarn over, pull through first 2 loops (2 loops remaining on hook). Yarn over, insert in same st. Yarn over, pull through. Yarn over, pull through first 2 loops (3 loops remaining on hook). Yarn over, insert into same st. Yarn over, pull through. Yarn over and pull through first 2 loops. Yarn over, pull through all 4 remaining loops. If it’s easier to understand, it’s a dc3tog worked all in the same st.
Begin with a Ch 198. Sl st into 1st ch, careful not to twist. Should be just under 50″ long.
1. Ch 2. Dc in each st around. Join with a sl st (198 sts)
2. – 3. Ch 2. Fpdc around 1st dc from previous round. Bpdc around next one. Alternate fpdc and bpdc all around. Join with sl st. (198 sts) (On row 3, be sure you are working a fpdc around a previous fpdc, and not around a bpdc, to make it looked ribbed.)
Join 2nd color.
4. Ch 1. 4 dc in same st. *Ch 1. Sk 5 sts. 4 dc in next st.* work 32 times. Ch 1. Join with 1st dc. (165 sts).
Bring up 1st color.
5. Ch 2. Sc in middle of shell (not in a st, in the space between the stitches). Ch 2. Work a 3-dc cluster in the 3rd st of the 5 skipped sts from the previous round. *Ch 2. Sc in middle sp of shell. Ch 2. Work a 3-dc cluster in 3rd sk st from previous round* repeat all around the hat. Join with a sl st with first chain. (198 sts)
6. Ch 2. Dc in each st around. Join with a sl st. (198 sts).
Tip: If you found you dropped a stitch in row 5, it is easiest to add them into this row instead of pulling out your work.
7. – 15. Repeat rows 4 – 6 respectively, joining a different color each time you work the hearts row.
16. – 17. Ch 2. Fpdc around 1st dc from previous round. Bpdc around next one. Alternate fpdc and bpdc all around. Join with sl st. (198 sts) (On row 17, be sure you are working a fpdc around a previous fpdc, and not around a bpdc, to make it looked ribbed.)
Tie off and weave in all ends.
Snuggle up! I think winter is here :)
If you want more Puppy Love goodies, you can make it set with my arm warmers and slouchy hat!
Be sure to join our Facebook Community!
Love this Crochet Puppy Love Infinity Scarf? Subscribe!
(and get a free gift!)
More from my site