I definitely meant to write the pattern for these crochet Puppy Love Arm Warmers last year. The matching hat turned out so cute that I knew I needed to make a whole set. Better late than never, right? And this month will be a bit of a “Puppy Love” month, as I have a matching infinity scarf coming soon, as well!
The pattern for these is only slightly different than the hat. While we are on the subject of the Puppy Love Slouchy, I made a few updates that improves readability and makes it a bit less confusing. I am constantly guilty of tunnel vision. I have gone back to an older pattern and a better, easier way will be glaringly obvious, which I completely missed the first time. Be sure to check it out!
Puppy Love Arm Warmers
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
What you need: (affiliate links)
4.5 mm hook (Use whatever hook that makes the foundation long enough to fit comfortable around the widest part of your forearm)
Medium Weight Yarn (Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Red, Rouge, Cotton Candy, Blush and White.)
3-dc cluster: Yarn over, insert hook. Yarn over, pull through st (3 loops on hook). Yarn over, pull through first 2 loops (2 loops remaining on hook). Yarn over, insert in same st. Yarn over, pull through. Yarn over, pull through first 2 loops (3 loops remaining on hook). Yarn over, insert into same st. Yarn over, pull through. Yarn over and pull through first 2 loops. Yarn over, pull through all 4 remaining loops. If it’s easier to understand, it’s a basically a dc3tog worked all in the same st.
1. Begin with an 8″ tail. work a 30 sc chainless foundation. (Video) (30 sts)
Fold your foundation into a loop and join with a sl st with the first sc. (the bottom will not be connected, but you will sew that together later).
2. – 4. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc in each st around (30 sts)
Join 2nd color.
5. Ch 1. 4 dc in same st.* Ch 2. Sk 5 sts. 4 dc in next st* work. 4 times. Ch 2. Sk 5 sts, join with beginning dc. (30 sts)
Join 1st color.
6. *Ch 2. Sc in the sp of the shell. Ch 2. Work a 3 dc cluster in the 3rd skipped st from previous round.* repeat all around the arm warmers. Join with the 1st chain. (30 sts)
7. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc in each st around. Join with first st. (30 sts).
8. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc in each st around. Join with first st. (30 sts)
9. – 23. Repeat the rows 5 – 8 respectively, skipping the very last row of sc on the last set.
24. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Ch 6. Sk 6 sts. Dc in each remaining st. Join with sl st. (30 sts).
25. – 26. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc in each st around. Join with sl st. (30 sts)
27. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc in each st around. Join with sl st. (30 sts)
Weave in ends. Use the long tail from the beginning to sew the small gap on the foundation together.
To finish, you can make two simple bows and tack them onto the backs of the arm warmers. Be sure to only take down the sides so they stretch while wearing the arm warmers.
Join our Facebook Community! We need YOU!
Like these puppy love arm warmers? Subscribe!
(and get a free gift!)
You may also like these FREE patterns:
More from my site