This post uses affiliate links. For more info, click here.
Welcome the Crochet Stocking Advent Calendar Crochet Along! If you missed all the details, click here for the run-down for the project.
For Day 1, I am sharing the basic crochet mini stocking pattern, the one that all the others will be based on. I will show you step-by-step how to make them, and then you can refer to this post if you need help on the others.
CROCHET MINI STOCKING
What you need:
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
- Size H Hook
- Medium Weight Yarn in two colors (Knit Picks Brava)
- Yarn Needle
Begin with Dublin. Start with a magic ring (you can watch this video), or you can ch 3, and join in the first ch, forming a loop.
1. Sc 8 in the ring. Join with sl st, pull ring tight.
2. Ch 1. Sc 2 in same st. Sc 2 in the next 7 sts. Join with beginning sc with a sl st. (16 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 15. Join with the beginning. (16 sts)
4. – 8. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 15. Join with the beginning. (16 sts) Tie off.
The next three rows are the heel-
Bring up green (or join if you tied off). Start in the 3rd st to the right of the join.
a. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc. Hdc. Dc (worked in the join). Hdc. Sc 2. Turn.
b. Ch 1. Sk same st, hdc in next st. Hdc 3. Sk next st, sl st in last st. Turn.
c. Ch 1. Sk same st. hdc in next st. Hdc. Sk next st, sl st in last st. Tie off.
Join red at the 2nd hdc.
9. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 3 down the heel. Sc in next unworked stitch on the stocking. Sc 8. Sc 3 up the other side of heel. Join with sl st.
10. – 17. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 14. Join with first st. (15 sts)
18. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 14. Join with first st. (15 sts)
Ch 8, sk 2 sts, sl st into next st. Tie off.
Make three of this design in varying colors for your advent!
Be sure to join the Facebook Group and share your progress, and subscribe to Whistle and Ivy.
Get the other mini stocking patterns here:
See you tomorrow!