Easy Faux Ribbon Baby Hat
I used Medium Weight yarn
And a Size G Hook
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
Start with a magic ring
1. sc 8, join with sl st.
2. ch 1. hdc 2 in same st. Hdc 2 in each st around. join with sl st.
3. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 2 in next st. (hdc 1, hdc twice in next st) all around. join with sl st.
4. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 1 in next st. Hdc 2 in next st. (hdc 2, hdc twice in next st) all around. join with sl st.
5. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 2. Hdc 2 in next st. (hdc 3, hdc twice in next st) all around. join with sl st.
6. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 3. Hdc 2 in next st. (hdc 4, hdc twice in next st) all around. Join with sl st.
row 7-16: hdc in each st all around. Join with sl st. Ch 1 at the beginning of each round.
To make bigger sizes, continue increasing after step 6.
About an inch above the bottom:
Triple crochet all around the hat. Join with sl st }
Finish by sc all around and joining with sl st.
To make the "ribbon", measure around the bottom of the hat, and make a chain the same length. Dc in the 2nd ch from hook. Dc across your whole ch.
To put the ribbon onto your hat, fish it through the holes in between the triple crochets. I did every two stitches, but you can do every other one if you want. Mine ended up being a bit long, so I carefully snipped it and hot glued it together with the other end.
I finished off with a bow; I used a cute and easy pattern by Lauren at Daisy Cottage Designs, but you can add a flower or anything else you want.
Hope you enjoy this pattern, happy crocheting!
This post was featured!