Are you tired of pumpkin yet? ME NEITHER! It’s why fall is so wonderful, isn’t it? While I haven’t had pie yet (which I usually don’t make until Thanksgiving), I have had a healthy amount of pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin french toast and pumpkin bread. I apparently crave it for breakfast because the idea for these pumpkin spice breakfast biscuits popped into my head one day and I never looked back. Definitely a keeper!
These are so delicious drizzled in honey! (And a big pat of butter, of course!)
- 2 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 T Baking Powder
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 C Milk
- 1/4 C Pumpkin Puree
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t ginger
- 1/4 t cloves
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and spices in a medium bowl.
- Combine softened butter with a paster cutter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin into the milk.
- Make a well in the middle of your flour mixture, and add the pumpkin and milk mixture.
- Mix until you have a soft dough.
- Put it on a floured surface, and knead a few times.
- Roll out to about 1/4” thick and cut circles with a cookie cutter (or upside-down glass!).
- Place on ungreased baking dish and bake for 11-13 minutes. (I like mine slightly undercooked).
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe? I want to try something delicious and unique!