Thank you to Knick Picks for providing yarn for this crochet along project! This post contains affiliate links, for more info click here.
Hello! Today is day #2 of our Hexagon Crochet Along. (Did you miss day 1? )
I am sharing this color-change hexagon crochet pattern with you as part of the project.
Color Change Hexagon
-Worsted Yarn (KnitPicks Brava in Denim, Sea Shell, Navy and Fig)
-5 mm hook
-Finished hexagon should be approx. 5” across.
Start with a 3 ch loop or magic ring.
1. Ch 2 (counts as first dc). Dc 10Join with sl st.
2. Start 2nd color at st before join. Ch 1. Sc in same st. *Ch 3. Sk 1 st, sc in next st. * work 5 times. Ch 3. Join with a sl st at the beginning of the round.
3. Ch 2 (counts as first hdc) working in the ch loops: hdc, ch 1. hdc 2.
*hdc 2, ch 1, hdc 2 * work 5 times. Join with sl st into top of chain .
4. Join new color in any 1 ch sp.
ch 2 ( counts as first st) dc in same sp. *Dc 3. Dc 3 in next ch sp* work twice. ( you will skip the last st and go straight into the 3 dc for the corner) Dc 3. Dc 2 in 1 ch sp. Work a color change dc in same st. *Dc 3. dc 3 in the ch sp* work twice. Dc 3. Work 1 dc in the first ch sp. (your first 2 sts should already be worked in it) Join with sl st.
5. Ch 2. (counts as first dc) dc 2 in same st. Dc 5. *Dc 3 in corner, dc 5* work twice. Dc 1 in the next st. Work color changing dc in same st. Work another dc (3 total in the corner.) *Dc 5. Dc 3 in next st.* work twice. Dc 5. Join with sl st.
If you are having trouble with the color changing dc, this video by Moogly is very helpful!
Like this post? Subscribe!
Be sure to join our Facebook community to share your Works in Progress, and connect with other crocheters!
I love your hexagon Bethany! Those color changes are awesome!
Hi I’m from Cape Town in South Africa . I started to crochet when I began my nursing care and that was 32 years a go . I only started now again and was so fascinated by all the patterns and design on the net . That time we only crochet Doilies lol . I fine realized that I only starting with real work now . I made my daughter dresses ant tops . For my nieces jackets . I’m going to make them sandels and boots for winter . I just love all the sites and everyday I find something new . Don’t know where to start lol. Thanks for all the wonderful things
You’re so welcome! Yes, the internet is wonderful for sharing ideas! Thanks so much for stopping by :)