Thank you to Knick Picks for providing yarn for this crochet along project! This post contains affiliate links, for more info click here.
Color Change Hexagon
-Worsted Yarn (KnitPicks Brava in Denim, Sea Shell, Navy and Fig)
-5 mm hook
-Finished hexagon should be approx. 5” across.
Start with a 3 ch loop or magic ring.
1. Ch 2 (counts as first dc). Dc 10Join with sl st.
2. Start 2nd color at st before join. Ch 1. Sc in same st. *Ch 3. Sk 1 st, sc in next st. * work 5 times. Ch 3. Join with a sl st at the beginning of the round.
3. Ch 2 (counts as first hdc) working in the ch loops: hdc, ch 1. hdc 2.
*hdc 2, ch 1, hdc 2 * work 5 times. Join with sl st into top of chain .
4. Join new color in any 1 ch sp.
ch 2 ( counts as first st) dc in same sp. *Dc 3. Dc 3 in next ch sp* work twice. ( you will skip the last st and go straight into the 3 dc for the corner) Dc 3. Dc 2 in 1 ch sp. Work a color change dc in same st. *Dc 3. dc 3 in the ch sp* work twice. Dc 3. Work 1 dc in the first ch sp. (your first 2 sts should already be worked in it) Join with sl st.
5. Ch 2. (counts as first dc) dc 2 in same st. Dc 5. *Dc 3 in corner, dc 5* work twice. Dc 1 in the next st. Work color changing dc in same st. Work another dc (3 total in the corner.) *Dc 5. Dc 3 in next st.* work twice. Dc 5. Join with sl st.
If you are having trouble with the color changing dc, this video by Moogly is very helpful!
Like this post? Subscribe!
Be sure to join our Facebook community to share your Works in Progress, and connect with other crocheters!