Welcome back to the Nativity CAL! Read about this CAL here. Today is Day 4, and we are making crochet Baby Jesus. If you missed them, here are Mary, Joseph and the manger. Also, as a fun surprise ( I wasn’t sure if I was going to pull if off) there will be a SURPRISE 5TH DAY! Your set is complete, so don’t get your hopes WAY up for the 5th day, it’s just a fun accessory to go along with the special family.
Come join our Facebook group and share your progress!
Crochet Baby Jesus
(Approx. 2 1/2” long)
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
Begin with Wheat Heather.
Start with a Magic Ring.
1. Ch 1. Sc 9 into ring. Join. (9 sts)
2. Ch 1. Sc in same st. *2 sc in next st. Sc in next st* work 4 times. Join. (13 sts)
3 – 5. Ch 1. Sc in each st. Join. (13 sts)
6. Ch 1. *Sc2tog. Sc in next st* work 3 times. Sc2tog twice. Join. (8 sts)
7. Ch 1. 2 sc in each st around. Join. (16 sts)
8. – 16. Ch 1. Sc in each st around. Join. (16 st)
Pause and stuff.
17. Ch 1. Sc2tog 8 times. Join. (8 sts)
18. Ch 1. Sc2tog 4 times. Join. (4 sts)
Break yarn, leave a tail. Use the tail to sew up the small remaining hole.
If you make plans for only 4 days, then you are finished! Thank you so much for participating and sharing your beautiful creations in the group! If you have the time and resources for one more day, meet back here tomorrow for a bonus piece :)