Using simple color changes, you can make this fab crochet plaid boot cuffs that feature buffalo plaid color work! They are perfect for your wardrobe or would make a thoughtful gift. These are the perfect fall and winter cozy accessories.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Happy Saturday friends! Even though Plaid Week is over, I am still bursting with plaid ideas, and I also have several high-volume requests I wanted to get through before this holiday season passes by us. Crochet Plaid Boot Cuffs were probably one of the most requested items, and they turned out to be quite a quick project, so I decided to squeeze them in before the week is over!
CROCHET PLAID BOOT CUFFS – Crochet Pattern
Abbreviations: American Terms
Sp – Space
Sc – Single Crochet
Dc – Double Crochet
Hdc – Half Double Crochet
Bpdc – Back Post Double Crochet (working by inserting hook from behind and working around dc from previous round)
Fpdc- Front Post Double Crochet(working by inserting the hook from the front and working around dc from previous round)
Sl st – Slip Stitch
The ad-free PDF for this Plaid Boot Cuffs is also available in my shops! It is perfect for crocheting on-the-go with your device and doesn’t include comments or ads.
Where would you like to shop today?
Whistle and Ivy Shop
RIBBED BAND (using black)
1. Hdc in 2nd ch from hook. Hdc in next 5 chs. Turn. (6 sts)
2. – 36. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc in next 4 sts, working through back loop only. Hdc in last st, going through both loops. Turn. (6 sts)
Band could be 11″ un-stretched. You can adjust the size of your boot cuffs by working more (or less) rows. When adjusting for the plaid part, make sure you go up or down in multiples of 6. Fold piece in half and sl st the sides together forming a band. Without breaking yarn, turn band right-side out, with seam on the inside and with loop at the top.
PLAID: (continuing where you left off)
1. Ch 1. Sc all around the top of the band, achieving 48 sts. (you can make more here, just make sure your number is a multiple of 6.
2. Ch 2. Dc in next 3 sts. Switch to Wine. Dc in next 3 sts. Switch to black. Continue alternating between black and wine every 3 sts for the remaining stitches. Join.(48 sts)
3. With wine, ch 2. Dc in next 3 sts. Switch to Red. Dc in next 3 sts. Switch to Wine. Continue alternating between Red and Wine every 3 sts for the remaining stitches. Join.
4. – 6. Repeat rounds 2, 3 respectively.
Drop Red and Wine.
BOTTOM RIBBING: (Using black)
7. Ch 2. Dc in each st around. Join with first dc. (48 sts)
8. – 9. Ch 2. *Fbdc. Bpdc in next st* repeat all around the band. Join with first st. (48 sts)
Break yarn. Weave in ends.
Want more plaid? You may like these!
LEVEL-UP YOUR CROCHET -
5 Techniques you will use all the time
A few tips and tricks can go a long way in simplifying your craft.
Let me help!