Happy Saturday friends! Even though Plaid Week is over, I am still bursting with plaid ideas, and I also have several high-volume requests I wanted to get through before this holiday season passes by us. Crochet Plaid Boot Cuffs were probably one of the most requested items, and they turned out to be quite a quick project, so I decided to squeeze them in before the week is over!
CROCHET PLAID BOOT CUFFS
Abbreviations: American Terms
Sp – Space
Sc – Single Crochet
Dc – Double Crochet
Hdc – Half Double Crochet
Bpdc – Back Post Double Crochet (working by inserting hook from behind and working around dc from previous round)
Fpdc- Front Post Double Crochet(working by inserting the hook from the front and working around dc from previous round)
Sl st – Slip Stitch
Ribbed Band: (using black)
1. Hdc in 2nd ch from hook. Hdc 5. Turn. (6 sts)
2. – 36. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 4, working through back loop only. Hdc in last st, going through both loops. Turn. (6 sts)
Band should be 11″ unstretched.
You can adjust the size of your boot cuffs by working more (or less) rows.
Fold piece in half and sl st the sides together forming a band. Without breaking yarn, turn band right-side out, with seam on the inside and with loop at the top.
1. Ch 1. Sc in same sp. Sc all around the top of the band, achieving 48 sts.
2. Ch 2. Work the Plaid Stitch all around the band, alternating between black and wine. Join. (48 sts)
3. – 6. Ch 2. Work Plaid Stitch all around the band. Join. (48 sts)
7. (Using black)
Ch 2. Dc in each st around. Join with first dc. (48 sts)
8. – 9. Ch 2. *Fbdc. Bpdc in next st* repeat all around the band. Join with first st. (48 sts)
Break yarn. Weave in ends.
Want more plaid? You may like these!
Like these crochet plaid boot cuffs? Subscribe!
(and get a free gift!)
Happy crocheting and have a wonderful weekend!