Make this darling, mini crochet knit stitch stocking with the snowfall stitch pattern. Add this cute and tiny stocking design to your stocking advent calendar, or use them to adorn your home during the holiday season. This post contains affiliate links which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I pulled my Stocking Advent out yesterday in preparation to countdown to Christmas. The kids just loved how tiny all the stockings are. They wanted to hang them right away, and my daughter took a few to play with while we hung the rest on the hooks and put treats insides each. Somehow in all the movement I lost a stocking! I am sure she stashed it somewhere in her room and can’t remember now. Regardless, we are needing a new stocking for the advent and if I am going to get my hooks and yarn out, I might as well make something new! I wanted to make my mini crochet stocking in my Snowfall Stitch because the color work is so festive for the holidays.
This little mini crochet knit stitch stocking would work well as an ornament, too, as I am sure you were able to keep track of all your mini stockings.
While making your crochet mini stocking, I highly recommend that you use a color for the toe and heel that contrasts the snowfall stitches. You can see that it sort of clashes against the heel on the red one, but looks much nicer on the green stocking.
For those who also made my Mini Plaid Stocking Advent last year, I am happy to announce that my dad has made a few more trees! He handmakes each one, they are absolutely beautiful.
Snag yours up, they sold you pretty fast last year!
MINI CROCET KNIT STICH STOCKING – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
PLEASE read my Disclaimer before working my free patterns!
What you need: (affiliate links)
– H Hook (5mm)
– Brava Worsted Yarn in preferred colors
– Darning Needle
Gauge: Not Important
The written pattern below is FREE in-text. However, if you would like a pretty downloadable PDF (and would like to offer support for Whistle and Ivy!) you can get one in my Ravelry or Etsy shops. The PDF is formatted for easy crocheting on-the-go or for easy printing, it doesn’t include ads or comments. Thanks for your support!
Watch how to work the Snowfall Stitch: (if video doesn’t load, please disable your ad-blocker)
MINI CROCHET STOCKING
Begin with 1st color.
Start with a magic ring (you can watch this video), or you can ch 3, and join in the first ch, forming a loop.
1. Sc 8 in the ring. Join with sl st, pull ring tight. Join with first st. (8 sts)
2. Ch 1. Work 2 sc in same st. Work 2 sc in each remaining stitch. Join with beginning sc with a sl st. (16 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc in each st around. Join with the beginning. (16 sts)
Join 2nd color.
4. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 15. Join with the beginning. (16 sts)
5. Ch 1. *Sc in next 3 st. With your 1st color, work a knit stitch in next st. (please watch the video tutorial above if you need help with this)* work 4 times. Join. (16 sts)
6. Ch 2. Dc in each st around. Join with sl st.
7. Ch 1. Sc in same st. With your 1st color, work a knit stitch in next st. *Sc in next 3 sts. With your 1st color, work a knit stitch in next st.* work 3 times. Join. (16 sts)
The next three rows are the heel-
Bring up 1st color (or join if you tied off). Start in the 3rd st to the right of the join.
a. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc. Hdc. Dc (worked in the join). Hdc. Sc 2. Turn. (7 sts)
b. Ch 1. Sk same st, hdc in next st. Hdc 3. Sk next st, sl st in last st. Turn.
c. Ch 1. Sk same st. hdc in next st. Hdc. Sk next st, sl st in last st. Tie off.
Join 2nd color at the 2nd hdc.
8. Ch 2. Sc in same st. work 3 sc down the heel, spaced an evenly as you can. Sk next unworked stitch on the stocking. Sc in next 8 st. Sk next st. Sc 4 up the other side of heel. Join with sl st. (16 sts)
9. Ch 1. Sc in each st around. Join with first st. (16 sts)
10. Work row 5 instructions.
11. Work row 6 instructions.
12. Work row 7 instructions.
13. Work row 6 instructions.
14. Work row 5 instructions.
15. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 15. Join with first st. (16 sts)
Loop: Ch 8, sk 2 sts, sl st into next st.
Tie off. Weave in ends.
Wanna make a full sized one? I got a pattern for ya! Get it here.
Want a FREE ebook, crochet tips and monthly free Pattern Fridays? SUBSCRIBE!
(it’s totally FREE!)