Today is the day! We are finally sharing the details of our second crochet along today!(Find my hexagon here, as well as all the other patterns) It has been while in the making, and I think it will be so much fun! This time around we are doing things a little bit differently. Instead of everyone making the same project, it will be more of a “choose your own adventure.” Here’s how it will work:
- Starting Monday April 6 and going through Thursday April 16th, our eight bloggers will all be sharing a new hexagon pattern. There will be a new pattern each day Monday – Thursday. Try out each pattern as we go along! It’s a great way to learn and practice new techniques. You can use all of them in your final project or pick your favorites.
- Then, on Monday April 20th, we will each be posting tutorials for turning your hexagons into something great! You pick the project and the hexagons – we will show you how to put it together! The great thing about this is that our projects range from a small to large! Here are the projects you can choose from (and how many hexagons you will need to make to complete each):
- This cute coin purse by Flamingo Toes used only three hexagons.
- The Firefly Hook‘s pretty floor pouf used 50 hexagons and 7 pentagons (pentagon pattern will be included with her hexagon post).
- Gleeful Things‘ pretty cowl uses 16 hexagons, but you could use more or less to adjust the length.
- This cute project bag from Fiber Flux uses 10 hexagons.
- Whistle & Ivy‘s fun camera strap uses 10 hexagons.
- This gorgeous bamboo handle bag by Hopeful Honey used 18 total hexagons (14 standard size and 4 smaller hexagons crocheted with a smaller hook).
- Persia Lou‘s heart-shaped pillow uses 24 hexagons.
- Lizzie Bella Crochet’s round ball pillow uses 20 hexagons and 12 pentagons (pentagon pattern will be included in her hexagon post).
If you want to crochet along with us, be sure to join our facebook group to keep up to date on all the new posts and patterns! For now, here’s what you will need to get started:
- Crochet Hooks! The patterns use hooks ranging from 5.00 mm to 7.00 mm
- Yarn! Our bloggers were provided with Knit Picks’ Brava yarn, which is a lovely worsted weight acrylic yarn that comes in lots of fun, bright colors. Any worsted weight yarn should work. The amount needed will depend on the project you choose.
And come back on Friday to enter to win a $50 gift card to Knit Picks! Yay!
I hope to crochet with you all and see your progress!