These cute and easy crochet evergreen trees are the perfect wintry decor to keep up after the holidays are over. They are perfect all winter long!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
I love the holidays so much. I enjoy the new and old family tradituons, all the delicious food and the feeling of cheer in the air.
Once December passes, however, a slight empty feeling is left behind.
Nothing but cold, dreary winter until spring make her appearance (possibly for 3 more months!)
One of the things that brightens up the bleak disappearance of red is keeping up all my winter themed decor.
For me, this means handmade paper snowflakes and a menagerie of evergreen trees.
Of course these crochet evergreen trees will compliment your holiday decor from November to New Year, but they also pair wonderfully with faux pine trees or carved trees (and bottle brush trees, of course!) for a non-holiday winter decor.
The beauty of these trees is that I designed them to perfectly fit over craft foam cones, which means they keep their shape beautifully.
The FREEBIE pattern is for the smallest crochet evergreen tree (so cute!) and the pattern download, that you can get from my shops, includes Large and Medium along with the small.
Keep scrolling to get the pattern!
You will LOVE The Endless Bundle – it’s literally ENDLESS! My membership program includes the entire Whistle and Ivy pattern library (to download and keep!) videos, full tutorials, courses (including my Learn Crochet Plaid course!), community, and much more. See you on the inside!
⭐️ LEARN MORE ⭐️
The ad-free PDF for these crochet evergreen trees including THREE sizes is also available in my shops!
Where would you like to shop today?
SIMPLE CROCHET EVERGREEN TREES – CROCHET PATTERN
What you need:
– 8 mm Hook
– #6 Bulky Weight Yarn – Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick: (Kale, Cilantro, Barley)
– Foam Craft Cones:
2.75″ x 6″ (small)
3.7″ x 8.9″ (medium)
4.8″ x 11.9″ (large)
Abbreviations: US Terms
Ch – chain
Sc – single crochet
Dc – Double Crochet
Sl st – Slip Stitch
St – stitch
BLO – Back Loops Only
SMALL SIZED TREE:
Begin with a magic ring
1. Work 5 sc into ring. Join. (5 sts)
2. Work this round through BLO. Ch 2. Work 2 dc in next st. Dc in next 2 sts. Work 2 Dc in next st. Dc in last st. Join. (7 sts)
3. Ch 2. *Dc in next st, work 2 dc in next.* work twice. Dc in next 2 sts. Work 2 dc in next st. Join. (10 sts)
4. Ch 2. Dc in next st. Work 2 dc in next st. Dc in next 3 sts. Work 2 dc in next st. Dc in next 2 sts. Work 2 dc in next st. Dc in last st. Join. (13 sts)
5. Ch 2. *Dc in next 3 sts, work 2 dc in next st.* work 3 times. Dc in last st. Join.(16 sts)
6. Ch 2. Dc in each st around. Join. (16 sts)
7. Ch 2. *Dc in next 7 sts, work 2 dc in next st.* work twice. Join. (18 sts)
8. Ch 2. Dc in each st around. Join. (18 sts)
9. Ch 1. Sc in each st around. Join. (18 sts)
Tie off, weave in ends.
I’m wondering if there is a mistake in the supply list. It seems like it might be for a different project. The email I got said that it uses chunky yarn, which is what the picture looks like, but the supply list says fingerling weight in cream. There are no cream colored trees pictured. And the skeleton key, fabric stiffener and glue don’t make sense.
Yes thanks for letting me know, definitely an error on my part, I have fixed it!