I hope those of you who celebrated this week had a lovely Canada Day and Fourth of July! My kids are so funny, they preferred running around with friends to sitting and watching the fireworks. I’m not sure either one really watched them. I guess everyday glow sticks are more fun than giant explosions of colored fire in the sky (go figure). Regardless, a good time was had by all. I spent some of my downtime this week working on this adorable Crochet Petal Princess Set. Aren’t the colors perfect? I think I am really crushing on Peach this summer. And of course gray. Always gray.
I used DMC Woolly for this cute booties and hat set. It’s super soft and squishy, perfect for baby things. It’s also a lighter weight yarn than I am used to using, and it was absolutely perfect for this project. Worsted will always be a favorite of mine, but this #3 weight really shows the pretty textures of the stitches, especially those gorgeous shells! It works wonderfully for such a tiny project like baby booties and baby hats (and the tiny petals on the booties).
DMC Woolly has a wide variety of colors as well. I admit, I took quite a while choosing colors for this project. That pretty peachy pink has my heart!
CROCHET PETAL PRINCESS BABY SET
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
Abbreviations: US Terms
St – Stich
BLO – Back Loops Only
Ch – Chain
Sl st – Slip Stitch
Sc – Single crochet
Dc – Double Crochet
Hdc – Half Double Crochet
Sc2tog – Single Crochet Decrease
Dc2tog – double crochet decrease
Gauge: 11 sts= 2″ (for booties)
Size 3-6 Month Set
(approx. 4″ long)
1. 4 sc in 2ch ch from hook. Sc 4. Hdc 2. Dc 4. 7 dc in last st.
Dc 4. Hdc 2. Sc 4. Join with first sc. (31 sts)
2. Ch 1. 2 sc in next 4 sts. Sc 11. 2 sc in next 5 sts. Sc 11. Join. (40 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc. *Sc. 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. Sc 12. *Sc. 2 sc in next st* work 5 times. Sc 11. Join. (48 sts)
4. Ch 1. Sc. *Sc 2. 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. Sc 12. *Sc 2. 2 sc in next st* work 5 times. Sc 11. Join. (56 sts)
5. Join 2nd color.
(BLO)Ch 1. Sc in each st around. Join with a sl st. (56 sts)
6. Ch 1. Sc. Sc2tog. Sc 7. Sc2tog. Sc 14. *Sc. Sc2tog.* work 6 times. Sc 12. Join. (48 sts)
7. Ch 1. Sc in each st around. Join. (48 sts)
8. Ch 1. Hdc. Dc2tog. Dc 5. Dc2tog. Hdc in next st. Sc 12. Hdc in next st. Dc2tog 6 times. Hdc. Sc 11. Join. (40 sts)
9. Ch 1. Hdc. Dc2tog. Dc 3. Dc2tog. Hdc in next st. Sc 7. Ch 4. Hdc in 3rd ch from hook. Hdc in last ch. Sc in next st on show. Sc 4. Sc2tog. Dc2tog twice. Sc2tog. Sc 4. Ch 4. Hdc in 3rd ch from hook. Hdc in last ch. Sc in next st. Sc 6. Join. [34 sts (not including the straps)]
10. Sl st around. (34 sts).
Break yarn, weave in ends.
Laces: (make 2)
Ch 62. Tie off. Pull loop through and pull tight. Clip ends.
Petals: (make one of each contrasting color)
Ch 7. Sc in 2nd ch from hook. Sc in next st. Hdc 3. Sc in last ch. (working across opposite side of ch). Sc on opposite side, starting in the first ch. Hdc 3. Sc in last st. Join with sl st. Leave a long tail.
Using your darning needle, sew the petals in place, one by one, onto the outside toe of each shoe. You can also weave in the ends and attach them hot hot glue. Be sure to put the glue very close to the sides, as they will curl up over time if not properly attached.
Using your hook, pull the laces through the top of the small straps. Tie in a bow.
1. Dc 10 into ring. Join with sl st.
2. Ch 2. 2 dc in each st around. (20 sts) Join with sl st.
3. Ch 2. *Dc. 2 dc in next st* repeat all around. (30 sts)
4. Ch 2. *Dc 2. 2 dc in next st* repeat all around. (40 sts)
5. Ch 2. Dc 5 in same st.* Sk next st. Sc in next st. Sk next st. Dc 5 in next st* repeat all around. Join with first st. (60 sts)
6. Ch 2. *Sc in 3rd dc of next shell. Dc 5 in next sc* work 10 times. Join with first sc. (60 sts)
7. Ch 2. Dc 5 in same st. *Sc in the 3rd dc of next shell. Dc 5 in next sc*. work 9 times. Sc at the top of last shell. Join with first dc. (60 sts)
8. – 14. Alternate rows 6 and 7 (respectively) until you reach 14 total rows.
15. Join contrasting color. Loosely sl st in each st around.
Break yarn, weave in ends.
Enjoy this pattern! I truly enjoyed making it, and I hope you do too. Be sure to stop by DMC on Facebook and thank them for sponsoring this free crochet pattern!
Join our Facebook Community! We need YOU!
Like this Crochet Petal Princess Set? Subscribe!
(and get a free gift!)