These darling little bubble baby booties have a cute slouchy design, a very stylish and warm accessory for baby! Perfect for your winter baby or for your next baby shower invite. This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a safe and fun celebration! We have been trying to stay warm in our “new” vintage home. It’s a bit drafty and while we work on getting it sealed up, we are having to bundle up a bit more than usual. Of course, the first step to feeling warm is having warm feet! We all bought new slippers and Sis needed some as well (those darn baby socks refuse to stay on her feet). Time for a new crochet pattern ;) I was so pleased with how these baby bubble booties turned out! They are super cute on baby feet, and the ties make sure they stay put.
I also made a pair with a chain instead of a single length of yarn for the ties. They both work great! Just choose the look you like best. Make sure to tie a small knot at the end of your tails so it doesn’t fray and get matted.
I can’t believe Sis has already outgrown her Simple Newborn Baby Booties (sniffle)! It’s The Boy all over again; time sure does fly when you are having fun!
BABY BUBBLE BOOTIES – FREE CROCHET PATTERN
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
What you need:
Abbreviations (American Terms)
The FREE version includes size 3-6 months. To get 4 more sizes (Newborn – 12 months), head over to my shop to get the ad-free pattern (you can get it from Ravelry or Etsy).
3-6 months (Approx. 4”)
Start with 1st color for the sole. (worked in the round)
1.Work 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 4 chs, hdc in next ch, dc in next 3 chs, 7 dc in last ch. Working across opposite side: dc in next 3 chs, hdc in next ch, sc in next 4 chs . (26 sts) Place marker and move up with each round.
2. 2 sc in next 3 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. 2 sc in next 5 sts. Sc in next 9 sts. ( 34 sts)
3. *Sc. 2 sc in next st* work 3 times. Sc in next 9 sts. *Sc. 2 sc in next st* work 5 times. Sc in next 9 sts. (42 sts)Sl st and tie off.
4. Work this round through Back Loops Only: Join 2nd color in the middle of the heel, 4th st from the join. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 41. (42 sts) Join with sl st. From here, you will work in joined rounds.
5. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 41. (42 sts) Join with sl st.
6. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 12. Hdc. Dc2tog BLO 7 times. Hdc. Sc 13. (35 sts) Join with sl st.
7. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 12. Hdc. Dc2tog 4 times. Hdc. Sc 12. (31 sts) Join with sl st.
8. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc2tog. Sc 10. Hdc. Hc2tog 3 times. Hdc. Sc 8. Sc2tog. (26 sts). Join with a sl st.
9. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc2tog 5 times. Hdc2tog 3 times. Sc2tog 4 times. Sc in last st. (14 sts) Join with sl st.
10. Ch 1.Sc in same st, 2 sc in each stitch around. (27 sts) Join with sl st.
11. Ch 1. Sc in same st. 2 sc in the next st. *Sc, sc 2 in next st* work 12 times. Sc in last st. (40 sts)Join with sl st.
12. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc in next st. 2 sc in the next st. *Sc 2, sc 2 in the next st* work 12 times. Sc in last st. (53 sts) Join with sl st.
13. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc2tog 26 times. (27 sts) Join with sl st
14. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc2tog 13 times. (14 sts) Join with sl st.
15. – 19. Repeat rows 10.-14. respectively. Tie off. ***
***For the laces, take a length of yarn (or a length of chain) about 16-18” long. Weave in and out through the decreases around the ankle, and through the decreases around the very top. Make sure to begin on the outside, so the bows will be on the outside of the boots. Tie a small knot at the end of each lace (on both the yarn and chain).
Join our Facebook Community! We need YOU!
Want a FREE ebook, crochet tips and monthly Free Pattern Fridays? Subscribe!
(it’s totally FREE!)