Hello all! Today I am taking part in a fun scarf blog hop! I actually started this scarf last year, and I unfortunately made it too short and too narrow. It sat in my closet for several month. I thought, this scarf is so cute and it’s such a waste! So I decided to remake it so it fit better and was cozier. It’s very simple to make, and I love the solids and stripes together. This is a really great beginner project if you are ready to dive into crocheting!
Stripes and Solids Crochet Scarf
Please remember: You are free to use this pattern to make and sell, but do not republish or distribute this pattern in any way. DO NOT use my photos in your listings. Please do share my blog links! It’s a quick and FREE way of supporting Whistle and Ivy and more free crochet patterns in the future.
What you need:
Medium weight Yarn in 5 colors
(Knit Picks Brava in Heather Gray, Cobblestone Heather, Mint, Solstice Heather, White)
Gauge: 14 hdc = 4″
Dimensions: 8″ x 82″
Start with Solstice Heather
1. Hdc in 2nd ch from hook. Hdc 28. Turn.
2. – 34. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 28. Turn. (29 sts)
Change to to heather gray.
35. – 36. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 28. Turn. (29 sts)
Change to White.
37. – 38. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 28. Turn. (29 sts)
39.- 68. Repeat the stripe sequence for 34 total rows.
Change to mint.
69. – 102. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 28. Turn. (29 sts)
Join heather gray.
103. – 136. Repeat the striping sequence with heather gray and white.
Join Cobblestone heather.
137. – 170. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 28. Turn. (29 sts)
Join Heather Gray.
171. – 204. Ch 1. Hdc in same st. Hdc 28. Turn. (29 sts)
Don’t break yarn. Weave in ends.
Work 2 more stitches in last st for 3 total. Work a sc down the side, across the bottom and up the other side of the scarf to give it a neat, pretty edge. Switch colors when you come to the next color block. Use all gray for the striped sections. Tie off and weave in ends.
Be sure to visit all the other designers for their FREE scarf patterns!
Like this FREE stripes and solids crochet scarf pattern? Subscribe!
(and get a free gift!)
Join our Facebook Community! We need YOU!
You might also like these FREE crochet patterns: