Child Size: Finished Size approx 7″ tall and 4″ diameter
1. Ch 1(does not count). Sc in 2nd ch from hook. Sc 16. Turn.
2. -18. (worked in BLO)
Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 16. Turn.
Repeat construction for the adult band.
Take the bottom (with seam on the outside), and fold it upwards, enclosing the seam inside.
1. Ch 1, sc all around the top of the band, using each sc row as a st space. (18 sts) Join with sl st.
Join 2nd color.
2. Ch 1. Sc in same st. 2 sc in next st. *Sc. 2 sc in next st* work 8 times. (27 sts) Join with sl st.
3. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc. Work gray st. *Sc 3. Work gray st* work 6 times. (27 sts) Join with sl st.
4. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc 3. Ch 4. Sk 4 sts. Dc in next st. Dc 18. (27 sts)
5. Ch 1. Work gray st in same st. Sc 3. *Work gray st. Sc 3* work 5 times. Work gray st. Sc 2. Join with sl st. (27 sts)
6. Ch 2. Dc in same st. Dc 26. (27 sts)
7. Repeat row 3
8. Repeat row 6.
9. Repeat row 5.
10. Repeat row 6
11. Repeat row 3
12. Ch 2. Dc2tog 13 times. Dc in last st. (14 sts)
13. Ch 1. Dc2tog 7 times. Join with sl st. (7 sts)
To close: see adult pattern
With mitten facing with the top up and with thumbhole facing you, join yarn at the bottom right unworked stitch.
1. Ch 2. Work a 2-dc cluster (basically a dc2tog worked in one st) in same st. 2-dc cluster in next 3 sts. Turn mitten 90 degrees clockwise. Using the dc that is now facing horizontally as 2 st spaces, work a dc2tog. Turn so your mitten is upside-down. Sc 4. Turn again, and work another dc2tog using the dc on the other side of the thumbhole. Join with beginning st (10 sts)
2. – 6. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 9. Join (10 sts)
7. Ch 2. Sc2tog 4 times. Sl in last st. Pinch in half, sl st though both layers (4 loops). Repeat with other side of hole. Tie off.
Be sure to check out the other free patterns as well! Use them to make a pile of mittens for donation!
Mad Mad Me
Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts
AllieCat’s Hat and Crafts
Abigail Haze Designs
Hope you enjoy this Snowfall Crochet Mittens pattern! Be sure to share to help support Whistle and Ivy and more free patterns! And subscribe so you don’t miss anything.
You’re invited to join the Whistle and Ivy Facebook Group!
More from my site