Now, this may seem insane, but I am not a huge popcorn lover. When we go to the theater, it is the absolute last thing I want to eat. Give me some Sour Patch Kids and Punch Straws!
But pregnancy does weird things to me. Before I was pregnant with my son, I wasn’t a huge chocolate lover (which I understand is equally strange!), but during that pregnancy I craved chocolate so much. Now I totally get the all the Pinterest and Facebook memes about chocolate. I got a love for chocolate and feet a half shoe size bigger from The Boy, and Little Cricket is turning me into a popcorn fan!
This recipe took my quite a few tries. The ratio was off, or you couldn’t taste the chocolate, which made for really gooey and yummy popcorn, just not quite the flavor I was going for. But I think I nailed it. If you are a fan of salty and sweet, this recipe is absolutely for you!
- 3/4 C Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C Butter
- 2 5 oz Boxes of Milk Duds
- 2 Pks Orville Redenbacher Natural Popcorn (Classic Butter and Sea Salt) Or approx 12 cups of popped popcorn
- Begin by popping the popcorn according to package directions. Once popped, transfer it to a large bowl and set aside. Add butter, sugar and milk to a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat until everything is mixed and begins to get warm. Stir constantly. Once the mixture begins to bubble, turn heat down to medium-low, stir constantly for 2-3 minutes. Your mixture should be quite thick. Remove from heat and mix in the Milk Duds one box at a time. Stir until they are melted. Pour over popcorn in the bowl and mix well. Enjoy warm or later! It sets nicely, and is not terribly messy.
- Tip: Shake the microwave popcorn bag to settle the unpopped kernels. Pluck out the popped popcorn with your fingers to transfer into the bowl instead of pouring to minimize unpopped kernels in the finished recipe.