Hello everyone! Welcome to Day 7 of the CAL. Thanks so much for your participation! YOU have made this CAL a success.
Today’s crochet mini stocking is pretty simple and very similar to day one, but with a few embellishments. That being said, it’s actually one of my favorites (doesn’t quite beat out the striped one, but I still love it!). It has a nice bit of character.
Mini Stocking Day 7 -Refer to the photo tutorial from Day 1 if you need help
What you need:
- H hook
- Worsted Weight Yarn (Knit Picks Brava)
- Yarn Needle (for weaving in ends)
Start with magic ring, using green.
1. Sc 8 into the ring. Join with sl st with beginning st.
2. Ch 1. Sc 2 in same st. Sc 2 in each st around. Join with beginning st. (16 sts)
3. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc in each st around. (16 sts)
4. – 8. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 15. Join with the beginning. (16 sts) Tie off.
The next three rows are the heel-
Bring up green (or join if you tied off). Start in the 3rd st to the right of the join.
a. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc. Hdc. Dc (worked in the join). Hdc. Sc 2. Turn.
b. Ch 1. Sk same st, hdc in next st. Hdc 3. Sk next st, sl st in last st. Turn.
c. Ch 1. Sk same st. hdc in next st. Hdc. Sk next st, sl st in last st. Tie off.
Join gray at the 2nd hdc.
9. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 3 down the heel. Sc in next unworked stitch on the stocking. Sc 8. Sc 3 up the other side of heel. Join with sl st.
10. – 18. Ch 1. Sc in same st. Sc 15. Join with first st. (16 sts)
Ch 8, sk 2 sts, sl st into next st. Tie off.
Thread a length of yarn on your yarn needle. Make an 8-point star by embroidering in and out with the yarn. Tie a knot from the inside to secure. Thread a second length of yarn on your needle. Go in and out around the top, starting from the outside just left of the star. End with a stitch coming out, a few sts before you reach the beginning yarn. Tie a bow and clip ends.
Make three of this design in varying colors for your advent!
Be sure to join the Facebook Group and share your progress, and subscribe to Whistle and Ivy.
Get the other mini stocking patterns: