Button Eskimo Baby Hat

Does it feel like Autumn yet? In Vegas, not quite yet. But that doesn’t prevent me from getting ready for it! And since my toddler is no longer a baby, hopefully others will find this pattern more useful than I do at this moment :)

This Button Eskimo Baby Hat will keep your little one warm all autumn and winter long. You can switch up the colors to make it for a boy or a girl.

Button Eskimo Baby Hat - This cozy hat is a cute and fun baby accessory for winter! {Free pattern by Whistle and ivy}

Baby Button Eskimo Hat - This cozy hat is a cute and fun baby accessory for winter! {Free pattern by Whistle and ivy}

Can you tell that I love buttons? (Pretty much every pattern I write uses buttons.)

I made a hat with crocheted buttons and I love how they look. I have included the small crochet buttons in the pattern as well.

You can find the pattern here:  Button Eskimo Hat

If you like my pattern, follow me on instagram to stay in the loop! Plus, get new patterns and post updates when you subscribe to my weekly emails.

You might also like this Faux Ribbon Baby Hat – so cute for a little girl!

Faux Ribbon Baby Hat - Free Crochet Pattern by Whistle & Ivy

***You are welcome to use this pattern to make items in your crochet shop, however you MUST link back to this blog post in your listing. And DO NOT redistribute this pattern. If you wish to share, share the link to this page. Redistribution is theft, so please, be kind and link back.  And DO NOT use my photos to sell your items. Thanks for your cooperation!***

Happy crocheting!

Comments

1. Arena says

Hi! Love these hats!!! Wondering what size you would use to make one for a 12 month old??

• Bethany says

Thank you! The size 6-12 month should work (their heads don’t grow as fast as their feet) but if you are worried, you can go up a hook size.

2. Claudia M. says

Just subscribed to your page. Will be making some of these starting today. My niece is going to be born very soon!! Going to surprise my sister with booties! Thanks for sharing!!

3. says

Hi. I really want to make some of these, but you didn’t put the gauge in your pattern. You should tell us how many of the (design) stitches make how many inches. For example, say for the 0-3 months size, you say 20 stitches and 20 rows will = 2″ wide and 2″ high. So many online pattern designers leave this important step out. I don’t know how big a hat for a newborn should be, that why a gauge is necessary. Thanks.

• says

I don’t have the gauge you are specifically asking for, but I added how many inches wide your circle should be after the steps. Did you try measuring the diameter of your circle to see if it matches my measurements ?

4. says

Hi I am a beginner and woul like to know what ya4n brand did u used ti do these? Thank u!

5. says

I could not find anything after opening the pdf file. it is just a blank page. wonder what is going on???

• says

Hm. It’s just a PDF uploaded to Google Drive. Can you normally view documents there? If you can’t get it to work, email me and I will send it to you.

6. says

Yup, pretty much. I think a real eskimo hat was cut out of animal skins, and so it was easier to cut a round shape and then just fold up the front, then to cut an irregular hat shape with ear flaps. That is just my own personal speculation, though!

7. says

I’m not familiar with “Eskimo Hats”. What is the purpose of the button flap? Is it just decorative?

8. says

These are so adorable – and yes, you definitely need to start selling your work, girl. If not on Etsy, then you should start a page on your blog with your goods! (Or Xmas is coming up, what about any craft shows/fairs in your area? You’d do so well!)

9. says

how cute! I wonder if I could get away with upscaling this and wearing it myself? ;0)

10. says

Hi, the hats that you made are adorable and you did a good job. I saw it on homemade ginger.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

• says

Thank you! I need to, I just don’t know how :( Etsy is so saturated, and I am clueless about online sales. Maybe I will figure it out someday, lol!

Trackbacks

1. […] My sister is expecting a new baby into her family. He is a baby boy. She is busy with searching for new baby hats, booties patterns for her new comer. I thought I should too find some cute patterns to crochet. Here is what I found. This cute little Baby Button Eskimo Hat is shared by Whistle and Ivy and you can find the free pattern from HERE. […]