Here is what I came up with:
1 1/2cups whole wheat flour
6 tbl melted butter
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 c sugar
1 ½ C Applesauce
2 lemons (Juice of both and zest of 1)
1. Heat oven to 375 Degrees. Grease your muffin tin. ( I did one batch in a greased muffin tin, and one in cupcake liners for the photo. The greased ones turned out much better! My photo is cute, but these muffins are quite moist and stick to the liners. I would recommend not using them.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and sugar. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, melted butter until it’s smooth.
4. Mix together your wet mixture and your dry ingredients. Don’t over mix.
5. Fill cups about 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes.
These are moist and have a lovely lemon flavor!
I hope you try them and enjoy them.
This post was featured!